12

twelve

brooklyn

She was fucking serious.

I simply just stared at the beautiful stranger holding my painting and I nearly shit my pants. He was black. That's not why I almost shit my pants, but he was black.

"Uhh... Hi?" I said slowly, reaching for my painting. The boy quickly handed it over to me. "Umm, hi, Brooklyn. I go to Lincoln Prep.. well, used to. Ms. Michaels is my aunt and she asked me to drop this off and take you to a party?"

I laughed, shaking my head. "Oh my fuck, okay. Thanks for the painting.." I smiled, beginning to close the door but the mystery boy blocked it with his foot. I opened it again.

"I just wanna say that you're an amazing artist-"

"What do you want?" I sighed, not wanting to play anymore games. "I.. i kind of don't have a ride home, my dad left so.. I was kinda hoping you'd let me-"

"Just come in." I waved him in, turning around. He mouthed a thank you, following me in and shutting the door behind him. He followed me up the stairs and into the room, immediately sitting on my beanbag.

"You have a really nice room," he smiled looking around at all the artwork on my walls. Some was mine, some wasn't. "Thank you." I said, laying back down on my floor and continuing rewriting my notes.

"So how are you liking Lincoln?" The boy spoke up and I scoffed. "Im not." I said and he giggled, "no coloured person does" he chuckled back standing up and beginning to admire closer.

"How old are you?" I asked sitting up from my floor and onto my spiny chair. He just continued to chuckle. "How old are you?"

"Answer my question." I shot back sternly.

"Im nineteen." He said and I grinned wide.

"What?" The boy asked, his cocky smile dropping as he turned to look at me. "You in college?" I asked him and he nodded, sitting on my bed so we were facing eachother. "Mhm, medical engineering." He smiled, only then I realized he had dimples. No denying this guy was beautiful.. maybe I could use him.. to get Harry's attention. I needed to go to this party.

"You never told me your name.." I smiled at him, standing to shuffle through my closet for something to wear. I came across a loose crop top I bought a few summers ago. Let's just say it wasn't loose anymore.

"It's Reece." He said, leaning back blatantly staring at my ass. "Oh well.. Reece.. We should go to this party."

•••

So, I called an uber to pick me and Reece up blocks from my house because my mother and Junior were home. Of course they didn't notice the stranger entering and now leaving our house with me, but no one even discreetly attempted to pay attention to me.

My butt cheeks already were hanging out by the time we got into the back of the uber, and I knew that this was a genius plan. I wanted to ask him why the fuck he agreed to take an underage girl to a highschool party, but I think the more important question is why my teacher not only condoned it- but planned it.

"You know this is gonna be a banger right? There's no tic tac toe being played here." Reece chuckled as he watched me think, as if he could read my thoughts.

"I'm not 10" I scoffed, turning my head. He put his hand on my bare knee, rubbing his thumb back and forth. "I didn't mean to upset you. Auntie- Ms. Michaels probably doesn't understand what actually happens at parties and that's probably why she set this up. I just wanted to make sure that you.. knew, I guess." He spoke lowly and I shrugged. I wanted to move onto his lap but rejection this early into the night wasn't my goal. I'll get him a little drunk first.

"I'm 17, Reece." I said to him.

Well, 17 in like 4 months but you know same shit it's whatever.

Reece nodded his eyes moving all over my face as he tried to figure out something to say. "You're beautiful, Brooklyn." He said and I scoffed rolling my eyes. "Shut up." I retorted and climbed out of the uber.

The party was huge, kind of bigger than I imagined. Cars were parked around the block, red solo cups on the lawn and it's only 9. Good thing it's Friday.

Reece nudged me, wrapping his arm around my waist and we walked in together. I soon realized that I didn't know one person here, and Harry might not even attend. "I'll get us some drinks" Reece smiled, escaping into the crowd of people. I frowned immediately realizing I was now the weird looser standing alone.

I felt someone tap my shoulder, and I turned my head around only to see a tall white boy with long blonde hair. "Hey, do I know you?" He shouted over the music, still doing some weird dance move and I shook my head. "I've never seen you before!" I shouted back. "Do you know TJ Nights?" He shouted and I laughed. How can this 11 year old be more known that me. "Yeah, that's my little brother!" I said back still chuckling. "The little dudes a beast, my younger brother Charlie's on the lacrosse team with him. I usually see you pick him up after games and stuff. He's really good, you should watch one." The boy shouted back, still dancing. I couldn't tell if that was shade or not but I just smiled.

"O-Okay. I'm Brooklyn!" I said back and he nodded. "Cool, I'm Nick." (crompton and my collar stay popping)

Who would've thought that the kid I torment would be the one to get me friends. Gotta love siblings, huh.

"Hey" Reece chuckled, handing me my cup and standing behind me. Basically towering over Nick and I. "What's this?" He laughed pointing towards Nick, I turned up to face him.

"This is Nick, Nick this is Reece." I smiled introducing them to one another. "Aw you have a date?" Nick asked and I shot him a weird look, "I wanted to be the first one to fuck the black bitch, but I don't wanna get stabbed so you can keep her. My boy Harry was closed but you friendzoned him. Peace my nig-"

"-I swear to god, finish that fucking sentence I'm gonna rip the privilege right off you and your 3 inch dick" Reece gripped his collar, I wanted to seperate them but then again he called me 'the black bitch' and was about to say the n-word so you know maybe it's fine.

"Yo, he's got me!" Nick exclaimed causing a herd of 150 pound, ketchup is spicy, looking white boys to jump Reece. I wanted to scream, and I did. "Get the fuck off of him!" I screamed, pushing one of them. Kicking and pulling their clothes. In the corner of my eye, I saw one throw a punch at Reece's eye. I took a deep breath, and kicked him hard in the balls, making him fall to the ground. I punched him a few times, feeling a weight lifted off my shoulders. Before I could even look up I saw a fist, felt pain, and everything went black.