23

twenty-three

brooklyn

So, I laid there. Every limb i had interlaced with Harry's, our bare skin sticking together. I couldn't get myself to wipe the smile off my face.

"I can can cross that off my bucket list," Harry chuckled sarcastically rolling himself onto his back in the rather small bed. "Cross what?" I asked sitting up, since I didn't have anymore room.

"Having sex in my moms childhood bed," he commented and my jaw dropped. "Are you serious?" I asked and he nodded giddily holding back a wide smile.

"Sweet jesus," I said, holding my head in my hands and shaking it. "We'll laugh about in a few years" Harry smiled and i just shook my head, still smiling. I sat up, leaning over and putting on my underwear again. He stared at me from the single pillow, rubbing his fingertips over my bare back. I stood up, sliding on my jeans. He rolled on his side, still watching my every move. "Why are you staring at me?" I asked him and he just shook his head smiling.

"I like you.. a lot.." he said, his voice quiet as if he was ashamed. I just chuckled. "I'm quite aware, Harry." I said, clipping my lace bralette and reaching for my t-shirt.

"No- No, no shirts, please," he giggled grabbing arm and pulling me back down. I fell, lying directly infront of him. Our faces were centimetres apart.

"Brooklyn Nights, why are you always in such a rush?" He asked and I shrugged. "I don't know," I said, watching his hand creep up my arm and to my shoulder. "I'm gonna miss you a lot next year," Harry commented, licking his lips. "Let's not talk about that, yeah?" I said and he cracked a small smile. "Let's talk about something fun... Like homecoming! What are your thoughts, Mr. Styles?" I asked holding my hand in a fist infront of his mouth. He laughed again, rolling on his back.

"Can you make a vow to call me Mr. Styles for the rest of forever?" He asked, placing his hand on my waist and pulling me closer so I wasn't falling off the bed. "Why are you avoiding questions, Mr. Styles?" His smile rose again.

"That's hot-"

"Harry-"

"-okay, okay. Do you really wanna go?" He asked and I nodded. "Ofcourse I want to go!"

He rolled his eyes up to the ceiling. "If it's important to you I will go, but I will sing very obnoxiously and I'll pay the DJ to not play Redbone," Harry said and I gasped, holding my hand to my chest.

"I'll get there early, and pay him to play Redbone atleast 3 times." I said and Harry shook his head, smiling.

"Tell me about yourself, tell me about your parents.." he spoke up again after a few moments of silence. I sighed, laying my hand on his chest and tracing his tattoos.

"Well.. fun fact about my name- my dad was going Pratt in Brooklyn and my mom was visiting a friend and they met at a frat party and fucked. So that's my name, Brooklyn." I said and Harry smiled.

"Wow," he chuckled and I nodded. "Yeah.. it's kind of gross if you think about it.." i said and he didn't respond. "But, what about you. What's it like in Carolina?" I changed the subject. He licked his lips.

"Well, um.. it's nice. My family lives on a ranch kinda thing so it's in the middle of no where really. We have horses and stuff, so that's always fun. It was cool growing up but once you get older, it gets kind of.. limiting.. I guess." He explained and I nodded. "What about your parents?"

"Well, my parents are very divorced. I haven't seen them in the same room since I was 12. My father is.. something else. My mom is great, super caring and I have a stepdad, Michael, he's great. Then ofcourse we have Gemma my older sister and that's it."

"Yeah."

"What about you?" He asked.

"Well, my parents were divorced. A few years after Junior was born they split and my dad took me and my mom took Junior. I'd come to down to visit sometimes but I never really liked it, you know."

A silence fell over us, all you could hear was the distanced beat of the music still playing off my phone, in the living room.

"We should start getting ready to go.." Harry said and I nodded. I decided I should be putting away some of the left over paint while he got himself situated. I walked out of the bedroom and through the unfamiliar hallway, back into the living room.

I grabbed the dirty brushes and put them in the sink, turning on the water and letting them soak. I took the paint filled Tupperware and poured it back into the two open paint tins, before rinsing those too.

All of a sudden a certain ringtone sounded from the counter.

"Brooklyn! Can you get that? It's probably my Nana, tell her we just left and we're stuck in traffic!" Harry shouted, sounding much further than the bedroom we were in. "Okay!" I shouted back, flipping his phone over and answering the call.

"Hello?" I said, grabbing paper towel and drying the now clean Tupperware.

"Hey, um.. Harry, i know you're in England but I just got the pregnancy results-"

"-This isn't Harry," i interrupted the voice. Fuck, I needed to start checking the Caller ID more. "Sorry, um.. who is this?" The voice said in a distinct southern accent. Why did Harry have a British accent? Why is he hiding so much from me? "I'm Brooklyn.. Harry's... girl.. friend- female frie- friend, I'm his friend." I struggled, "uh, who's this?" I coughed.

"Oh, well just tell him to call me back as soon as he can." She said. Why was she avoiding my question?

"Okay, I will. Who is this?" I asked again, trying to sound a bit nicer.

"Oh, ofcourse! Sorry, I'm Samantha... Harry's girlfriend.."