21

twenty-one

brooklyn

After another talk, I eventually parted ways with Ms. Michaels, and Reece very happily obliged to driving me home.

"Thank you." I mumbled quietly, reaching over to grab my back pack from the backseat. Reece grabbed my arm. "Wait, um.. Are you sure you're okay now? Do you want me to come in-" I immediately knew what he was up to.

"-No, I'm fine." I cut him off. I grabbed my bag and quickly ran across my driveway entering my home. I just felt like shit, I didn't really know what would make it better. I just wanted to talk to Harry, I just needed to apologize to him, that's all I wanted.

-

I woke up to the feeling of a cool liquid dripping down my chest. I looked down only to see a tub of Ben and Jerry's ice cream flipped on it's side and melting all over me. "Fuck," I muttered, quickly sitting up from the couch and jogging to kitchen to get a paper towel. As if on cue, I heard heavy knocks on the front door. It as either the police or someone just felt the need to hammer something into my door. "One second!" I screamed out, wiping the wet paper towel on my shirt - trying to remove the stain. I quickly made my way over to the door and swung it open, only to see Harry.

"Where were you I've been calling you for hours-"

"Oh, sorry my phone was off.." I said, turning my head as I watched him invite himself into my home and go straight to the kitchen. "Where's the ice cream?" he asked, sticking his head out from the fridge door. I just pointed to the coffee table before collapsing onto the couch, Harry soon came and sat next to me.

"look, I'm really sorry for yelling at you the other d-"

"-Ms. Michaels got fired." Harry said before shoving his first spoon of half melted ice cream into his mouth. I chuckled dryly, "Yeah.. I know." i said back to him. He looked up from the ice cream, his eyebrows furrowed.

"I went to go see her." I said, and he just stared. "Is she okay?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"How did you find out where she lived?" He asked again. Our faces were so close together that I could hear the little cracks and coarseness in his voice.

"I called Reece." I said and I saw him just chuckle, I shook my head. "I feel like it's all my fault, Harry." I pouted, pulling my knees up to my chest. He rested his hand on my knee, his cool metal rings pressed against my bony skin.

"Look at me," he said sternly, and I turned my head to face him. His green eyed gaze fell hard onto my face, making me want to fall into a deep black abyss. He was so beautiful, and every day i questioned why he has any interest in me. "Look at me, Brooklyn. With your eyes." He said again. I slowly lifted my eyes to meet his, he grew a small smile and leaned in to place a small kiss on my lips.

"It's not your fault," he whispered to me and I just nodded, soon enough he leaned in to kiss me again. I lifted my brown hand to his cheek, the stubble poked at my palm. I ran my finger across his soft skin, feeling the warmth increase as seconds went past. His hands soon found their way to under my sweatshirt, and rested on my waist. I took it upon myself to bite his lip, pulling it back before releasing it. His eyes opened slowly, looking up at me. The once bright green was now foggy and dark.

"You're so pretty." I said. Wait, what? I just called Harry Styles pretty.

His smile grew slowly as he watched the look of worry on my face climax. He soon let out a laugh, still keeping a smirk.

"I'd say the same about you." He said, bringing his lower lip between his teeth. I exhaled a breath of relief, and sat back against the couch, and Harry did too.

"Are you.. doing anything this weekend?" Harry asked and I just shrugged, "no.. why?"

"do you wanna paint a house with me?"

____________________

hunny

you got a big storm coming

but no actually prepARE yourselves for the next few chapters

also im starting school on monday like mostly every child in the world so my updates wont be as often

i work all weekend and ofcourse i have school and dance and all those fun things so im really sorry if i update like twice a month plus im loosing a lot of inspiration for this story :((

i have a lot of chapters prewritten so i'll be good for a while but just a disclaimer

but also this book is doing SO WELL WTF

this book has grown a lot and im not even that far into it

but yeah anyways don't forget to like subscribe tweet me @ daviddobrik

if you're still reading this ily bye

nights; h.s.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें