26

twenty-six

harry

I found myself chasing after her. Which I know is something you're not supposed to do, but I couldn't help myself, how was I supposed to just go back to class and act like this didn't happen?

My car speeded down the dried asphalt that made up the England roads. I took about 20 minutes trying to calm down in my car - I've always had such an short temper, something I took from my dad and I hated that part of myself but I couldn't control it. Sometimes I got so angry I felt like I might die if I didn't just hit something, and I guess that's what my father felt towards my mom. But I will never in a million years do to Brooklyn, or any woman, what my father did to my mom.

I slammed my brakes shut infront of Brooklyn's home the second I snapped out of my thoughts, and realized I was already here. Her driveway was empty, signifying her mother was gone and she was the only one home.

I ran to her front door, praying on every star in the galaxy that she left the door unlocked — and she did. I quickly swung it, revealing the familiar entrance I've seen many times, the warmth of her home quickly engulfed me reducing my anger by several notches as soon as I stepped him.

"Brooklyn!" I yelled, I hope no one was-

"Who are you?" A voice asked, revealing a short boy coming out of the kitchen. I soon realized that was Brooklyn's little brother.

"Oh, TJ, it's Harry... I'm looking for your sister-"

"She's at school, like you should be-"

"Like you should be, why are you home?" I cut him off, TJ coughed. "I-I'm sick," he said through sudden coughs and sniffles. "Mhm," I rolled my eyes. "I know Brooklyn is here, her shoes are literally right there mate, can I go check her room?"

"I don't know what you're looking for or why you suddenly stormed in my house but she's not here. I will gladly let you go upstairs though, at a cost."

"Cost?"

I heard a door knob fumble only to reveal a cute blonde exiting the washroom. "TJ you're house is really- oh god," she cursed staring at me in shock. She sucked in a breath and let her jaw hang low.

What should I do?

I mean, if my youngest son skipped school to make out with his girlfriend then I would want to know, right?

"T-What is going on!"

"Nothing, nothing! Are you hallucinating?" He gasped, "oh my god.. Harry.. have you been drinking? Shame on-"

"TJ." I said sternly and he sighed in defeat.

"Please don't tell Brooklyn." He begged and I rolled my eyes, letting my crossed arms collapse by my sides. "-Tell Brooklyn what?" A voice said, everyone's head shot up to see the familiar girl walking down the staircase. She immediately gasped.

"What are you doing here?" She shouted, directly towards me, "What are you doing here!" She shouted, directed towards the blonde.

"S-She just needed to use the bathroom! I don't know her!" TJ shouted, waving his hands in the air. The blonde just sighed, "you know what- TJ, this has been fun. See you tomorrow." She said stomping over to the leather couch and grabbing her maroon jacket before running out of the house as fast as possible.

"Why do you have to ruin everything for me!" TJ groaned throwing his head back and collapsing onto the couch.

"Junior, you're thirteen! I shouldn't be cockblocking you at thirteen! What the hell is wrong with you! Mama is literally gonna kill you, if you're gonna be dumb atleast be smart about it!" She screamed running down the stairs and smacking him behind the neck. TJ groaned in pain, sticking his head between his knees which only gave his sister more room to hit him— which she gladly took advantage of.

"Okay, okay- baby, that's en-"

"I'm not your baby!" She screamed out suddenly. "Brooklyn," i said softly, touching her shoulder. She flinched making my stomach drop.

"Don't touch me." she said... said, didn't shout. This time her voice came out shaky, quiet, and fragile.

TJ softened, picking his head up. His brown lips parted as he looked up at his sister. Brooklyn brought her lip inbetween her teeth. I was unsure of whether I should speak.

"Why are you mad? Brooklyn, what did I do? I know you're angry, I understand, but I'm clueless. I wanna make this better, I care about you. I really really do and-"

"How can you say that?" She interrupted me.

"What?"

"How can you say you care about me- why do you treat me like I'm such an idiot!" She snapped, shouting and throwing a pillow at my stomach but I just let it fall to the floor.

"What are you talking about?"

"I know about Samantha, Harry! You waited four months for what? For a quick fuck? For some head now and then? What, huh?"

"Brooklyn, Sam isn't my girlfriend- she's just a-"

"Friend? Yeah.. get the fuck out of my house." She said pointing towards the door, I opened my mouth to speak again but I knew there was nothing I could do when she was this mad. So I hung my head, and left, hoping that she'd give me a chance to explain tomorrow.