Chapter 20: The Forgetful Couple

Alex

A week has passed since Andrew confessed what happened over the summer. I felt the house appeared calm. Andre and Leah were planning and getting everything together for the baby, Andrew was focusing on school. While I was focusing on school as well.

The weekend came by quickly. I was cleaning up a few things on the floor when I heard a light knock on my door. "Come in," I said

The door open and Leah popped her head inside, "Can I ask you something?" She came inside the room and then closed the door behind her. I took the moment to realize Leah's bump was starting to show a lot more.  Since she is such a small person I guess she'll show more? I'm not sure.

She sat down on the edge of my bed. "I thought about the dinner that happened a few weeks ago and how my parents left on very bad terms. I was wondering if you can come with me to talk to them?"

I looked over at Leah with one raised brow, "And why isn't Andre taking you?"

"I asked him and he's too much of a chicken to come with me! He thinks my dad is going  to cook him or something!"

Andre did have a point. If I was Andre I would stay yards away from Leah's dad. He may seem quiet but he can be loud and scary when he needs to be. "I don't blame him, I'll be scared too." I dropped the item that was in my hand back on the floor and sat down at my desk chair facing Leah, "When did you want to go?"

"I was thinking during fall break. I'm not sure what your plan was but I was thinking since we are going to be there this week, why not? I already talked to my mom about stopping by." she explained

  Just when I was about to reply, my door burst open, "Am I hearing plans being made for the fall break?!" Andrew beamed with excitement.

I facepalm myself. Why must he interrupt everything? "Can't you see we're having a conversation WITHOUT you!"

Andrew pretended to look hurt, "Well I'll be! I'm sorry that this house has thin walls and I can basically hear everything you both are saying. Besides I came in to  let you girls know my mom is hosting Thanksgiving again next Thursday, so get ready to stuff your faces!" Then he left,  "Yo Andre my man!" he yelled down the stairs.

Leah shook her head, "Well I guess I should start packing. I'm staying at Andre's house for the week. They want to discuss "parenting tips" with us." She sighed. 

"You can always stay with my dad, his girlfriend and I, We have a spare room?" I offered.

Yeah months after this whole craziness my dad found a nice girl to settle down with. I saw photos on facebook but I never took the time to ask him. I like the photos and all but I wanted to wait until I officially met her during Thanksgiving.

"No it's okay, Andre and I need to have these conversations with his parents. My parents are going to need more time." She picked herself up and left my room.

I turned myself to the desk, picked up my phone and opened the messaging app. I scrolled down to Liem's name and began to type him a message.

Hey, haven't heard from you in a while. I'm leaving to go down to my parent's house. Wanna hang out one last time? - Alex :)

It's been a week as well since I last talked to Liem. I went from seeing him everywhere to not him seeing at all. I never saw him outside of our Wednesday class, nor did I see his car in the schools parking lot. I tried calling him but it just went straight to voicemail. I sent him several messages but no reply back.

  I wonder if he is okay.

I shook my head and began to pack for our trip back home for the week.