Chapter 5: Different

Alex

Today is the first day of classes and I feel a bit different.

I put on ballerina shoes, and adjusted my jean jacket, "Lets go everybody!!"

Leah was the first to appear from upstairs. She made her way down the stairs. "I am so excited to start university!! The parties, meeting new friends, I just can't wait!"

"Well hold on now.. You're also in school because you paid for it. Okay?" I exclaim.

Leah sighed, "Yeah, Yeah mom. Just because you got that hair cut does not mean you can turn into a stuck up person, who can have fun!"

I tucked a piece of my freshly cut hair behind my ears. "I do not! Its past shoulder length." I adjusted my bag on my shoulders, "Besides, I still know how to party!"

Leah giggled and brush pass by me out the door, "Sure you do,"

Suddenly Andre comes walking out of the kitchen towards the door, "I love university! I'm going to school around twelve! Isn't that awesome Alex?"

I lightly padded his bag and chuckled, "It is, now get in the car we will be leaving soon."

Andre couldn't wipe the smile off of his face while walking towards Andrew's car.

Last but not least; Andrew. Where is he? "Andrew lets go!"

Andrew can down the stairs with a dark denim jacket, a white shirt, black jeans, and white shoes on. His sun glasses are resting on his head, keeping his wavy hair back. "Checking me out miss?"

I brought my attention to Andrew's face and notice he has a smirk formed on his lip; like always. "Ugh I hate smirks, makes you guys look weird!" I picked up my bag off the floor and straddled it on my shoulder. Looking towards the car I see Leah and Andre making out in the back. Ugh can they be anymore disgusting?

Andrew put his sunglasses in front of his face and smiled, "Why is it that when Photography guy smirks you don't say anything, but here we are; my signature smirk is weird to you?! I don't think so," He walked past by me and strutted to his car, with his hands in his front pockets.

I rolled my eyes and locked the door with my keys. I didn't like photography guy's smirk, did I? He did look attractive and also has a great smile. But I just met him! Andrew needs to stop getting inside my head. He already done a lot of damage...

I sat down in the passenger seat and tried to block out the sounds of Leah and Andre in the back swapping saliva.

The drive to the campus, let me say very awkward. Leah and Andre still continued their lip-locking in the back while loudly whispering the things they wanted to do with each other. I love their relationship really I do, I just have one thing that bothers me, it's their public display affection for each other!

I like living with the gang, but every has a down side to things. Such as Leah and Andre's loud nights with each other. I can't just talk to them without sounding like a bitch. So I use different alternatives to block the sounds out. Such as; listening to music, going somewhere else in the house, LEAVING the house. Nothing works. (Besides leaving the house but I have to go back!)

I glance over at Andrew and see him not faze by the couple in the back getting intimate on his seats. How does he feel about the whole situation? He is living in the same house, shouldn't he be feeling the same way?

We finally arrive at the campus and I dashed out of the car, I began speeding down the parking lot towards the school. Not looking back at all. I can't look at Leah in the face at the moment; the things I heard in the car, I don't want to know if it's possible to do...

~~~~~

Taking about 30 minutes I finally found my class I am suppose to be in. Who told me to choose a school with such a big campus with hundreds of classrooms and different areas. I walk into the classroom and notice a lot of people were sitting down. Where was I going to sit?

Am I going to sit in the front? It will help me with listening to the professor... Or in the middle? I can hear okay and plus I won't be use as any examples! Perfect!

I make my way to the middle row of the classroom. I sit down in a empty seat and wait for the lecture to start. I take out my phone and see a text from my dad telling me to have a great first day. I mentally roll my eyes; he's such a dad.

"Is this seat taken?"

I brought my attention to where the voice came from. I smiled, "Photography guy! You're taking this class?"

He rested his hand behind his neck, "Well yeah. I'm majoring in photography and journalism."

I took my bag from the empty seat beside me and placed my bag underneath my seat. "Why didn't you tell me?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "I'm not sure... Maybe because you didn't ask."

"Oh," I let out, "Maybe after class we can meet up?"

He thought about it for a moment then nodded his head, "Sure, I know this place one street away. It's a little cafe. We could go?"

From the side of my eye, I see the professor approaching the front of the class. He looked small from where I was. I wonder how he is going to projected his voice to the class? Suddenly the professor put something in his ear and turned on the projector.

"So is that a yes?"

I brought my attention to photography guy. He was waiting patiently for my answer. I only have one class today and I could just tell the gang that I will becoming home later.

I showed a small smile on my lips, "Sure."

Photography guy smiled, "For second there I thought you were going to say no."

"Why would I say no? I asked if we could meet up." I replied.

He lean back onto his chair and sighed, "I don't know.. You seem unsure about something."

I was unsure, not something but someone. How is Andrew going to react to me going out? Does he care at all?

Well why would he care? Andrew decided to end whatever we had over the summer. I'm allowed to go out now. I'm starting over and I'm not going to let Andrew get in the way.

*******

How do you like the short chapters? Do you want the chapters longer or just the way they are?

Who is your favourite character? Is it:

Alex

Andrew

Leah

Andre

or

Photography guy?

Let me know in the comments below!!

If you would like to catch up on what I'm doing besides on Wattpad

Follow my social media accounts!!!

//Twitter//

@Allygurl3000

Have a wonderful week!

Cece :)