Chapter 16: The Spy Out

Andrew

The drive was silent. Alex and I did not speak at all since we left the campus. Once we arrived on the drive way, she stormed out of the car and into the house. A sigh slipped out of my mouth. "So difficult," I mumbled.

I picked up my belongings and made my way into the house to see both of the girls in a giggling fit.

Alex doesn't giggle.. does she?

Andre carefully walked over to the door without disturbing the girls. "Do you have any idea why they are doing that?"

My jaw clenched in place, "Photography dude asked her out," I replied.

Andre nodded his head while watching his girlfriend jump in glee.
"Oh my god what are we standing here for?!" Leah protested, "We need to get you ready!" She squealed. Leah grabbed Alex's arm and dragged her up the stairs. Literally.

When the girls were out of earshot, I whispered, "I don't have a good feeling about this guy,"

"Relax, she's just going on one date. Doesn't mean anything.." Andre said.

I shook my head, "Her dad said I should protect her right? Plus he trusts me!" I made my way to the kitchen and took out a bag of chips.

Andre followed behind scratching his head, "I don't know. You do seem a bit.."

"No, I'm protecting her. Her fathers orders."

Just then an idea clicked in my mind. My eyes lit up, Andre shook his head, "I know that look. Whatever you're thinking its not a good idea."

Just then I heard footsteps come down the stairs and it was Leah. She waltz into the kitchen with her small pregnant belly, "Hey guys!"

I looked over at Leah and smiled, "Andre and I were about to go to the store. Need anything?"

Andre gazed over me carefully. Wondering what my plan was..

Just what I expected, Leahs eyes lit up, "I was just telling Alex upstairs how I was craving prezel dipped in yogurt and peanut butter!"

Andre and I took a moment to look at Leah to see if she was joking. Surpringly she was not.

Pregnancy hormones.

I shown my best smile, "No problem. Anything for my niece or nephew."

At that moment If I had a halo and a harp, Leah would of believed I was an angel.
Andre on the other hand given me a "what are you up to?" Look.

"Well we must be going before the stores close. Lets go Andre--" I began walking to the door when I stopped in my tracks. The same time Alex came down on the last step. Her hair was curled, her make up was neatly done and she had on a dress that hugged her figure really well. The dress was to die for.

She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "Hey"

My voice couldn't come. Why is this happening to me? I cleared my voice, "Hi,"

Hi? Just Hi Andrew?!

Alex continued her way to the door and slid into her jacket and shoes. "If my dad calls I should be home by eleven,"

"Cool," I let out, "Andre lets go!"
I quickly rushed out of the house, with Andre struggling to follow.

"Dude why did you completely freeze back there? Oh wait, don't tell me--"

Before Andre could finish his sentence. Liem drove up on the driveway.

Great! Just great!

Andre and I began walking to my car when the photography dude himself came out of his car. His hair was neatly combed, he had on a strip dress shirt and dark washed jeans. He notice our presence and smiled, "Hey guys!"

Andre waved, "Hey Liem! Good luck on your date tonight."

Liem cheeks flushed, "Uh yeah thanks."

I rolled my eyes, "Have her home by ten!" I snarled.

"Oh.. Okay," He slowly nodded his head. Before he closed his car door, he grabbed a bouquet of flowers and walked over to the door.

Now back to my mission.

Both Andre and I get into the car and I begin driving down the road.

"We haven't arrived at the store and Leah is already adding more stuff on the list!" Andre whined.

Once I was a few meters away I turned the car around. Andre looked confused, wondering what I was doing. I slowly drove down the street and turned off the engine.

"Are you kidding me?" Andre let out. "Are we really going to be watching them leave the house?"

I shook my head, "Nope. We're going to be following them on their date."

Andre shook his head furiously, "Andrew, You're my friend but man.. You need to stop this!"

As right on cue both photography dude and Alex leave the house. He opens the car door for Alex then closes it. He runs over to the other side of his car and gets in. His head lights beamed. Photography dude gracefully reverse the car out of the driveway and drives down the opposite street from us.

I inserted my keys and the engine roared, "Andrew don't do it,"

I wasn't listening to anybody, not even Andre to reason with him.

I don't like this  photography dude..

*****

How do you all feel about Andrew spying on Alex? Tell me in the comments below!

Have a splendid week!

Cece :)