Chapter 19: Summer Confessions

Alex

I continued to stare at Andrew waiting for him to show a sign he was joking and we can all go back to normal.

Nothing.

I pinch the bridge of my nose, "Andrew, I don't believe this.."

Andrew stood quiet and lowered his head. "Forget it, forget what I just said. I-I take it back." Before I could speak, Andrew swiftly left the kitchen.

"You don't know everything,"

I turned my head to Andre in shock. I completely forgot both Leah and Andre were still sitting in at the island table during Andrew and I's conversation. I scoffed at Andre's response, "I don't know everything? Please! I saw what happened at that party. He went upstairs with some girl, and that's the end of Andrew and I."

Andre looked me straight in my eyes and said, "Well have you ever heard his side of the story?" Then he took Leah's hand and silently went downstairs.

Did I know Andrews side of the story?

******

After class, I felt down. Leah and Andre had to go to a doctors appointment, Andrew and I are not on speaking turns (Like we ever would) so now I'm stuck taking the public bus, Great.  As I was walking out of the building  I heard my name echo behind me, "Alex!"

I slowly turned around to see a guy with a hood on, rushing through the crowd, "Alex!" The person lets out again. I squinted myself and focused to see who this person was. As the person got closer I notice the Camera around their neck. Liem.

I tucked my hair behind my ears, "Hey Liem!" I said

"Hey," He said in between breaths, "I saw you leave your class and I tried catching up to you but you walk really fast for being short."

"Short?!" I snapped, "I am not short at all. I am actually a normal height for my age. Leah is the one who's short." I explained.  We began walking towards the area of the public transit. "Well, I must be going. I don't have a ride today so I'm catching the bus."

Liem shook his head, "Nope! I'll drive you home. Public Transit are the worst. Trust me I took it a lot in high school."

Before I could resist Liem already was dragging me towards his car. "You really don't have to do this. I feel bad, maybe I can pay for gas or--"

"Or we can go on our second date now?" He said with a cheeky smile on his face.

I felt my heart begin to beat faster. Were we really going on a spontaneous date right now? Did I brush my hair? Oh, I knew I had a feeling to wear makeup today. These types of dates Andrew would never think of--

Not the time to think about Andrew, he shouldn't be on your mind.

We approached Liem's car,  "It's okay if you don't want to. I just thought that since I'm driving you home we could stop for a quick bite. A burger joint I found when I first moved here."

I smirked, "Oh Fancy, what a romantic place."

Liem rolled his eyes, "Ha ha very funny," He used his keys to open the car door, "But it's okay if you don't want to." He let out softly. He opened the door and I thought, A second date shouldn't be that bad. I looked up to Liem and kissed him on the cheek. I slide inside his car and place my bag in front of my legs. Liem closed the door and I couldn't help noticing him shaking his head while his cheeks began to turn red.