Chapter 1: Moving in

Alex

The drive to the house was not long. Each of us followed the moving truck with our cars. We arrive at the townhouse. It was a detached house, ten minutes away from the school about seven minutes away from commercial areas. I stepped out of my car and smiled, "Welcome home." I mumbled to myself, "Welcome home,". I looked around on the driveway and noticed I was the first one beside the moving truck was here.

I close the car door and made my way to the moving guys, "Want us to start now?" One of the movers asked.

I nodded my head and took out my key for the house. "There is a number on each box and each room has a number on it. Some rooms are downstairs in the basement, also a couple is upstairs as well. I thought it would be easier for you guys to put stuff away. Others say Kitchen, living room and so on." I explained.

The movers nodded their head and began bringing in boxes and furniture from the truck. I swiftly step inside and take a good look at the house; it's big I must say. Dad also mention a maid will be coming in monthly to do heavy-duty cleaning but the rest is up to us for daily cleaning. Such as; doing dishes, laundry, put things away. Adult stuff we should already know.

I walk into the kitchen and there was already kitchen appliances, cooking supplies and food inside the fridge ready to be open. I was in awe; Our parents really hooked us up! I must give them a big thank you the next time I see them. Continuing my way to the living room I notice there was a forty-eight inch flat-screen TV with a shelve with all of the movies we can think of. I am already thinking of the number of movie nights that will be happening!

The laundry room is on the first floor. It has its own room that includes; two washers, two dryers, a sink and already cabinets filled with laundry detergent.

Suddenly I heard a squeal coming from the front foyer. "Alex!! Are you seeing the same thing I am seeing right now!?" Leah beamed.

"Yes I do, It's amazing I can tell you that," I said while continuing to look around the house

Leah dropped her bag on the floor and made her way through the house, looking at everything with awe, "No this is more than amazing, spectacular! The boys are going to love it!" She squealed in excitement.

I crossed my arms, "Yeah sure."

Leah heard the tone in my voice, "Now come on Alex. It will be fun! Besides, both you Andrew can't stay mad at each other for long."

"We will see about that," I stormed away to the kitchen to see what kind of snacks are in the fridge. "Gosh I am starving, I could really go for a pizza right now."

"Did someone say pizza!" Andre announced. Andre (The lifesaver he is) Brought in two boxes of pizza and a large box of buffalo chicken wings. He place on the island table and I ran over to Andre and grabbed him into a hug, "Did I tell you, you are a lifesaver?!"

Andre nervously laugh, "No you didn't but this wasn't my idea it was--"

"It was my idea."

I let go of Andre and saw Andrew at the door stand with two more boxes of pizza and a bag full of drinks. "I thought since the movers will be here late and I know none of us will cook anything. Why not buy pizza for the night." He places the pizza boxes on the island then open the fridge to rest the bag of sodas inside.

I cleared my throat, "Thanks, I'll get some later." I quickly left the kitchen to go find Leah. "Leah?"

"I'm upstairs," She yelled out. I race up the stairs and walked down the hallway towards Leah's room. Even though the boys are here with us, Leah and I's parents know how boys are and made the basement into a two-bedroom/bachelor pad. There is a miniature kitchen, full-size bathroom, small living room, and a bedroom for each of them. Leah and I get upstairs that includes two bedrooms and one bathroom. I found Leah's room in no time and notice she was already unpacking her belongings. "I went searching for our rooms and totally forgot we were upstairs but then I remembered the numbered I was assigned to and there I found this magical room. Which totally suits me!!"

I scanned her room and she was right; her room did suit her. Her walls were pastel pink, anything about theatrical broadway was plastered everywhere. Leah gotten accepted into the Theatrical program at UPenn. She never thought she would be able to follow her dream but never say never. She is now one step ahead of becoming a Broadway actress. "Isn't this amazing?" she asked.

I lean against the door frame, "I like it,"

Leah stop unpacking and looked me directly in the eyes, "Okay what happened?"

"Nothing!" I replied, "I just thought your boyfriend was generous to buy us dinner but instead it was someone else."

Leah through her hands in the air, "When are you and Andrew going to decide on talking again? Like I said before. You both are going to be living here for the next year. I believe it's time to decide on making up. You can't live in a house with someone you hate." Leah pushed me out of her room, "Think about it and decide."

Before I could protest she slammed the door. I walk down the hallway to the next door; my room. I turn the knob and open the door, I gasped. The room was perfect; the color of the walls was pastel green,  I had photographs on my wall of the city landscape, a map of the world, a desk with a new DSLR camera on top, and an envelop. I picked up the letter and open to see it was from Dad:

Dear, Alexandra

Now you have seen your room I know you would like to call to give me a big thank you and say that I am the greatest dad on the earth (Don't worry I know).

I want you and the gang to have a great first year in University to be as easy as it can be, University is hard and a lot of school work comes with it. I want you to be focus 100%.  I love you Alexandra and I want you to start fresh this year.

Love, Dad

I wipe a tear from my eye and place the note back on my new desk. I'm going to listen to my dad and start fresh. The Alex who went to BlueVale High is gone, a new Alexandra came to town and I don't think anybody is ready for this.