Chapter 7: It's not a Date

*We're back on Alex's POV, enjoy!**

Alex

As we left the group, I quickly turn back and saw Andrew marching to the driver seat of his car and sliding inside. He seem angry about something...

"Don't worry, they're not going to miss you to much!" Liem mentioned playfully.

I brought my attention back to Liem, I fix my hair out of my face, "Sorry I notice Andrew is upset. I wondered why.."

"Don't worry about him! He's just upset he can't take a pretty girl like you out for coffee." Liem interwind our arms together and continue walking to the coffee shop across the street from the campus.

We arrived at the coffee shop. Opening the doors, the fresh smell of brewed coffee hits my nostrils, "Mmm coffee," I let out.

Liem chuckled and went up to the counter. A lady with violet colored hair tied up in a sleek pony tail came up to the cashier. "Hi what can I get you?" She asked.

Liem cleared his throat, "Can I have a medium black coffee with two sugars?"

"I'll try your Caramel Latte, with addition of Whip cream." I said afterwards.

The lady typed in our orders, "Your total will come up to $8.49" she spoke.

Before I could reach for my wallet, Liem took out his hand to stop me. "I'll take care of it." He grabbed his wallet then slipped out a ten dollar bill, he stretch over and passed it to the cashier.

She took out his change and passed it over to him, "Here is your change, your drinks will be on your right."

Liem and I moved to the side, allowing the next customer behind us to order. "I could have paid," I protest.

He only shrug his shoulders, making it seem like it was not a big deal. "I don't mind and besides I brought you here, at least I can do is pay."

I'll let it go for now. While we were waiting, Liem kept on coming up with puns to say. "So the Duck walked in the bar and took a couple of drinks, he then slammed down his cup and said, "Put in on my bill." Liem began to laugh.

while I stood beside him with keeping my mouth close, debating if I should laugh at the pun or laugh how Liems sense of humour lacks humour.

I shook her head, "I can't believe you tell people these jokes."

Liem laughter died down, "What do you mean? They're hilarious!"

"To you," I mumbled to the opposite side of Liem.

A lady came around and brought one our drinks. We both said thank you and went to go find a seat in the cafe. Right near a window their was a empty booth. I pointed to the booth "Let's go sit over there,"

We made our way to the booth and sat down. "The seats are so comfy," I commented.

Liem smiled, "Yeah they're pretty comfy."

we took a sip of our drinks. Having silence fill in between us. As I taste my latte, I felt my eyebrows rose up, "this is so good, I thought Starbucks was the best coffee ever," I took another sip then licked my lips, "But this? Amazing!"