Chapter 11: Becoming an Adult

Alex

After the moment of silence it turned into a crazy scene in a movie. It was like the animals has gone wild at the zoo!

Leah's father lunged over the table towards Andre but Dad stopped him, pulling him back as much as he could. He kept on yelling, "You messed up my daughters life! Look at her now!"

Andre's father gotten upset about how Leah's father was only putting the blame on his son. He gotten up from his seat and came up close to Leah's father, "It's not my fault your daughter can't keep her legs closed."

Then the war began. Leah's father turned his attention towards Andre's father and lunged towards him, both men began fighting as if they were back in a boxing arena. Dad, Uncle Anthony, Andrew, and Alec all tried to break up the both of them. Both of their moms were in shock, not saying word on what was happening in front of them. I as well was lost for words.

My best friend is pregnant. Leah is pregnant!
I couldn't say those words out loud.

Leahs mother kept her eyes focused on her half eaten plate. Not making the efforts to stop the commotion happening across from her. Andre's mother glared intensively at Andre. Not making a sound.

Aunt Andrea finally spoke up, "Enough!" She barked.

The boys stopped fighting, And everyone brought their attention over to Aunt Andrea. "We have a problem on our hands. We should all sit down and discuss this--"

"Not me!" Leah's father snapped, "I'm going home! I am not dealing with my daughters mistakes!!"

"Dad! Can you just sit down and try to talk?!" Leah finally spoke.

"Understand that my daughter gotten pregnant at the age of eighteen. I told you Eleanor that her going to live with that boy was a bad idea!!" Leah's father forcefully put on his jacket and shoes, "Hunny lets go,"

Leah's mother gotten up from the table and did not look at Leah or Andre. "Thank you for the lovely meal. My apologies for my husbands outburst." She muttered quietly looking at the ground, not making eye contact with anyone.

"Mom.." Leah cried out.

Leah's mother ignored her cry. She place her napkin on the table and silently left, walking behind Leahs Dad. Still hearing him fuming to himself on the Driveway.

Andre brought Leah into an embrace while tears flowed down her cheeks on Andres dress shirt.

Alec sat down beside his girlfriend and rubbed his hands together, "Who's ready for pie?"

His girlfriend slapped his arm. "Ow!" He let out then began rubbing the area he was hit on.

Andrew sat down beside me and lean towards my ear, "For once we did not start a ruckus!" He whispered in my ear.

A small smile crept on my face, it has been a while since Andrew made me smile. But yes he was right; this time we didn't cause a ruckus during dinner.

~~~~

Aunt Andrea decided we should all stay the night from what happened at dinner. She was worried about Leah's well being and Andrew driving late.

"Mom, I'll be driving! I drove in the night before." Andrew complained, bringing pillows and blankets down stairs in the living room. "Everyone will get home safe."

"Andrew I am not risking anybody getting home with your reckless driving sir, I remember the last time you were responsible of driving somewhere, it took you to jail."

I tried not to laugh but I let out a small snort. Aunt Andrea and Andrew glance over where I was sitting. I clapped my hand over my mouth.

Aunt Andrea ignored my snort and then turned her attention back to Andrew, "After breakfast you may all leave. I'm going to go check up on Leah," Andrew's mother left the living room.

Andrew deeply sighed throwing his whole body on the couch, "Can you believe it?"

I wrapped a blanket closer to my body to keep warm, "Yep.. I was not expecting that to come out!"

Andrew sat down beside me, staring at the blank TV. Seeming like he was watching a show. I snapped out of my thoughts when suddenly Andrew began to speak.

"I thought college was going to be us four.." He let out. "Yeah both you and I had problems, But somehow we're working through it. Then this happens. Shifts the whole dynamic!"

My thoughts were running, what does he mean we're trying to work things out? Were we?
Well yeah we are talking to each more since we moved in together but thats what roommates do. They can't act like the other roommate doesn't exist. Sometimes people have to be adults and be mature about certain circumstances.

Such as our best friends are having a baby at the age of eighteen, and honestly I don't know what to do.