Chapter 1: Fiery Past

Your P.o.v.

The Fiery color rebounds in my glassy (e/c) orbs, as I stand outside of my house with the raging flames flickering out of the tainted broken windows blasting open from the deadly heat, splintered parts of wood burst into parts. My teddy bear hanging loosely from my little hand. My parents had saved me getting me out but they couldn't make it out due to a huge clamp off wood cutting us off. I watched them burn they told me to run. 

"I love you (Y/n) our Angel, go places, live your life darling," my mother said her last words before I flew out with my small wings carrying me through the deadly fire. There were sirens signaling the fire trucks are coming and the police but it was already too late my little aged wings flattered to the ground me dropping to my knees. 

"Mum..." tears plastered my ashy face smoke drifted off into the night sky I cried harder whimpering all my small memories of my mother disappeared within an instant. The Fire trucks came I blocked everything else out, something pulls me away. 

My nightie covered in ashes and black coal a blanket draped over me covering my frail body the car moved away from my once lovely house that was once filled with life then life happened. I learned that a very important lesson that day. 

To know that our days are limited, to make every second count, even though I was only three, I still understood things. I gripped my Angel wing necklace around my neck and I vowed quietly to myself. 

"I will become the best superhero for you's my beloved parents" I narrowed my eyes sharply, watching as the flames died down from a distance of the moving car.

"I promise" 

~Two days later~

"Doves Home Orphanage" 

I walked up to the small steps with an officer by my side with a small bag of clothes, opening the two big wooden doors, that needed a lick of paint. Heading towards the desk where a lady with dirty blonde hair that had thick glasses on with bags under her eyes. She's at least in her late twenties. 

"Damn I need more sleep, these kids are a handful"  I heard her thoughts from afar there was a couch on the side against the far back wall with a pot plant with small flowers blooming. 

"E-excuse me?" I said stepping on my tippy toes to see her green emerald eyes looked down to my (e/c) ones she sees my wings and nearly falls out of her chair. I sweat-dropped. 

"Y-yes young lady?" she stuttered smiling showing her perfect teeth. 

"Mrs. Hayz, we have a child here who will be equipping to stay until adoption, she has made the News with the "Big fire" on Latham Street two days ago," the officer says Mrs. Hayz nods straighten herself. 

Turning back to her computer. The officer kneels down to my level, placing his hands on my shoulders softly. 

"Listen, kid, no matter what people say, keep moving, stay strong and preach what is right, you'll get far with that I promise you" I nodded giving him a hug. He chuckles patting my back softly avoiding my tainted wings. 

"Poor girl, she's just like my daughter back at home, I hope she gets far in life she deserves to be free, I love her wings too"  I giggled at his thought. 

"You've got a heart kid!" he calls over his shoulder walking towards the door I smiled. What a nice guy. 

"Come...miss..." she starts. 

"O-oh! U-um..(Y/n), (F/n) (L/n)" I replied. 

She nods moving her lens back up the brim of her pink-tipped nose.