You choose to stay

Hunk P/O/V

Hunk sat there in silence for a long confusing moment. This made no sense. How-what? Why on Earth would his pet cat be in space? And looking so...different?

"Fascinating." Coran exclaimed as he began examining Shadow. Hunk hadn't even realised he was in the room. The feline instantly looked uncomfortable and attempted to shake him off. Her claws were in her pads, for now, but her tail kept twitching and flicking like it did when she was getting mad. Looking at her now, Hunk could see the resemblence to his tabby back home. "The Galran scientists must of spent months perfecting you. I can't see a single flaw in your design. Glorious." Coran commented as he takes one of Y/N's paws and begins turning it over in his hands.

"Y-yeah..." Shadow replied sadly, her E/C orbs distant. There was a smile on her face, but Hunk knew it was forced. "Two years to be exact, training and all." She replied letting out a short sigh of relief as the Altean droppes her hand. Instead, Coran grabbed at her fan like tail and began frantically stroking and fluffing it, a goofy grin plastered onto his lips. He must of yanked on it or something because Hunk noticed Shadow's hackles raise. The feline let out a sharp hiss, batting at him with clawless paws before bolting.

Ducking behind Lotor's towering form, Hunk raised a quizzing eyebrow. She reappeared moments later, peering around the Prince's back to glare back at Coran. A murderous glint in her narrowed eyes. The Altean only grinned before moving back to his desk.

Lotor on the other hand looks baffled for a moment. His eyes flitting from the feline behind him, and back to the Altean now stroking his moustache. If Hunk wasn't mistaken, he could see a lilac dusting his cheeks. It must of just been the heat of the room and the lighting, because the lilac quickly disappears again.

Shadow P/O/V

Clearing your throat, you indignantly stepped out from behind Lotor, your eyes focused only on the floor. It could've just been your imagination, but you thought you'd felt him shift slightly infront of you as you'd fled from Coran. That Tail Tugger. Glancing at the man in question, you realised he was still looking at you. A mischievious glint in his eyes. Holding your head high, you strode back towards the yellow paladin.

"Do you believe me?" Your voice came out weak and hopeful. Hunk appeared conflicted for a moments as he weighes the situation in his head.

"What's my surname?" He asks slowly.

"Garrett." You reply instantly. "You left to be a pilot in the Garrison over two years ago now." You added. Hunk's face splits into a grin.

"What happened to you then?" Hunk presses, his eyes concerned. Glancing at Lotor, you remember what he'd said on the Sincline ship. He didn't want to know anything about you. Deciding on a safer option you turn your attention back to Hunk.

"As the Tail Tugger stated earlier...the Galra took me and turned me into...this, thing..." You state pointing to your alien body.

"Tail Tugger." Lance spluttered, a hand over his face to hide his grin. Keith once again elbows him in the ribs, an unreadable scowl plastered onto his face.

Allura sharply cleared her throat as she stepped down from the platform she'd been observing the scene on. "Paladins, Coran, Lotor...and company." The princess announced proudly. "We will be approaching the distant moon of Shelfra soon for the alliance parade. So get your rest and be prepared." She smiled warmly before leaving the room without a backwards glance. Chatter erupted from the paladins as soon as the princess was out of earshot.

"What do you say Y/N? Ya hungry?" Lance questions as he unexpectedly put and arm around your neck. You felt him pull you in against his chest.

"Well..." You responded. He rapidly let go of you, sweat beading on his forehead as he almost frantically tried to move the conversation forward.