Steve McGarrett x Five-0!Reader

You and Steve had been friends for years, childhood friends, even when his father had sent him and his sister away you kept in touch. He had gone onto become a Navy Seal, you had become a Navy sniper. Now you worked on the Five-0 taskforce and were in the Navy Reserves like Steve. You were also still good friends with Mary who loved teasing you both about your crushes on one another. Neither of you never about the other's feelings but Mary did and so, you and Steve were teased ever since she found out you were working together. She had had enough with the longing looks. She had the team involved (sort of, Kono sniggered about the teasing and fed her information, Chin just rolled his eyes and Danny dropped 'subtle' hints about your respective crushes). Now the pair of you were about to go undercover as a couple because Kono *cough traitor cough* had piped up that you could dance the waltz better than her.

Mary clasped her hands together marvelling how you looked in the long floor length deep navy gown. "It's not my wedding."

"Not yet, but who knows maybe next year." You rolled your eyes at her comment. You entered the main room and Kono beamed at you. "Looking good, brah." You grinned, "Thank you." Steve turned at Danny's and Chin's comments. He looked dumbstruck or was having aneurysm face it was hard to tell. "You look...."

"Beautiful, I know but if we don't leave now we will be late?"

"I was going to say gorgeous actually." Steve told you and Mary squealed behind her hands earning her worried looks from the team. "Sorry."

The undercover operation was going well even though Steve was involved meaning that there was now a small shootout, (read: damn big shootout). Steve ran into the back garden and caught the last one at least he thought was the last one. "Hands up copper." Steve rolled his eyes at the moniker but complied nonetheless as there was nothing he could do anyway. "You don't want to do this." He reasoned. The guy who was hidden by the shadows and the smoke machine which wasn't helping matters. There was a shot and Steve watched as the man fell forwards, you emerged from the smoke like some femme fatale from the silver screen. He grinned, "Sorry Steve, couldn't help myself with the dramatics." He laughed. "If we're continuing with the movie clichés isn't this the part where you kiss me?" He questioned, you rolled your eyes before moving forwards and leaning towards Steve's face. Your nose brushed his. "Hmmm, I've never liked how he had to save her and she kissed him without getting to know him properly." Steve laughed and drew his large hands across your back pulling you into him. He leaned forwards to kiss you. "Steve! Y/N!" You both drew apart at Mary's yelling. "Thank god! I heard shots and... Were you about to kiss?" There was a pause. "OH MY GOD! Seriously after you get shot at?"

"Mary?"

"What are you doing here?" She shrugged. "I wanted to see if you'd kiss her." You pulled yourself away from Steve and pulled your dress up, so it wouldn't drag on the ground. "Well that's not going to happen now, maybe after Steve gets his head out of his ass and asks me on a date." You walked away from the scene and looked back over your shoulder at Steve.