Castiel x Dead!Reader

Castiel stood over your dead body, tears forming in the crystal pools. You had died trying to protect a child from a horde of demons. Sam and Dean stood a few feet away, tears filling their eyes and occasionally dripping down their cheeks. All the men were splattered with blood, the demons were dead all of them. Their bodies in the positions in which they had died. The small child that you had saved was asleep in Dean's arms, Castiel had wiped their memory of what had happened and had made them sleep. The small girl's blonde hair and clothes which had been speckled with blood was now clean thanks to some of Cas' angel mojo. Cas picked you up, he brushed your hair out of face. The trio left. Dean delivered the sleeping child to the police station, where the parents burst into grateful sobs. He didn't mention, the angel who helped, or the demons that took the child, or even the death of the woman he loved. All he said was that he found her asleep under a tree.

Sam and Dean set up your pyre while Cas got you wrapped up in some old sheets, he then received Ellen, Jo, Bobby and Charlie as well as a few other hunters you knew, and those who were in Ellen's bar at the time. Sam wasn't surprised that they were all there, you were good at making friends. Cas watched as Dean lit the fire which would consume your body. Jo was sobbing on her mother's shoulder silently, wishing there was a way she could bring you back. But there was no way to bring you back. The fire died down the wood and your body gone turned to ash. The hunters placed their empty beer bottles down and allowed Cas to take them back to wherever they had been in the first place. Sam and Dean walked back to the Impala. They saw a note from Cas stuck to the windshield, which read that he was going to stay in heaven for a while to grief your death. They understood what he was going through. Sam had loved you like a little sister, Dean had loved you in a more than friend's way, but he hadn't told you as he saw how you felt for the angel.

Cas watched from afar while you danced around your heaven. He didn't know the day you had chosen but he saw the memories of Sam, Dean and himself. Memories flooded his senses. But he didn't walk towards you. Your bright smile burned into his mind's eye. He watched as your hair swung out catching the light. Cas realised that he didn't want to remember the way you had had died but he wanted to remember the way you loved and lived.