Endgame (P.P.)

Začít od začátku

The next morning, I got up early to take a shower and clean our room. I didn't want the cleaning ladies to touch all of the dirty tissues on the floor, I'm sure they wouldn't mind, but I don't like the thought of them doing that. Harley wakes up once I'm done cleaning the room. He slowly goes to the bathroom and takes a shower, then changes into his all black suit.

Together, we exit the hotel room and take an Uber to where Tony's funeral is going to be held. We meet Happy outside of the house, and he hugs both me and Harley. Now, I'm no genius, but I think Happy giving hugs is very rare. Who am I kidding? I am a genius and so is Harley.

The whole house is packed with people. Some of them I recognize as superheroes, others I have never seen before. Harley points out Pepper and a small child in her arms, most likely her and Tony's child. She is so cute too. I see Pepper spot Harley, apologize to the person she is talking to, and run towards us. Immediately, we are brought into a big hug from her. I could tell she is trying not to cry as well. I am too.

"Pepper, can we ask you something? It is about Iron Man and the Avengers." I quietly say to her. It wasn't originally supposed to be me saying that, I lost a bet against Harley, so he made me do it.

Her hand wipes the bottom of her eyes and she nods her head with a small smile on her face. "Anything you want to, Sweetheart."

"Who can we talk to about joining the Avengers and where are Tony's old suits?"

And Pepper just smiles at us.

It takes her a couple of seconds for the information to wrap around in her mind, but she tells us to talk to Sam Wilson. If he doesn't listen, Pepper said to talk to Bruce Banner or Clint Barton. They would be more understanding. As for the suits, Tony has them all hidden on the basement floor of the Avengers compound.

Then there is this boy and he keeps staring at me. He doesn't stare at Harley, doesn't stare at little Morgan in Pepper's arms, but stares directly at me. It makes me self conscious too. Is he staring at something on my face? Is my dress pulled up weird? He is really freaking me out a bit.

Pepper and Morgan leave to go outside. The funeral is about to start in less than five minutes, so people are beginning to file outside. Even the boy who was staring at me. He's pretty cute as well. Damn.

"I know that look and I need you to stop," Harley whispers harshly into my ear. I pull away from him and tug his fist out of my dress.

"There is no look that I am giving. Also, don't touch my dress, Harley." I grit through my teeth, smoothing my dress out from the wrinkles I got from his hand grip. The only response Harley gives me is an eye roll. I know he isn't going to believe me. I don't even believe myself.

During the funeral, Harley and I stand at the back of the yard and quietly keep to ourselves. The entire service is so special and I can't help but cry again. I wipe my tears away when I see Morgan running over to me. She is smiling and giggling, oblivious to her father's funeral going on behind her. We sit on the grass together and play with the dandelions scattered around Harley's feet. Another giggle escapes her mouth when I place the weed in her hair.

"You . . . you seem really good with children, especially with Morgan." The boy from earlier tells me. He stands above me with his hands stuffed in his pockets and tear stains down his cheeks.

"Yeah, I guess I am. I'm Y/N Keener," I say to him. His eyes widen and a smile overtakes his face as well.

"No way! Mr. Stark told me about you and Harley a couple years ago before I disappeared. You two are so cool." He takes his hands out of his pockets and sits down in the grass next to me and Morgan. Harley has moved on to talk to Happy again. "I'm Parker Peter— wait no, Peter Parker. I'm Peter Parker."

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Parker."

"Daddy told me all about you, Spider-Man." Morgan says in her small voice and a fist full of dandelions. Peter's face flushes bright pink and shakes his head at the girl.

"Wha—what, no, I'm not Spider-Man," he stutters, scratching the back of his neck. Morgan gives Peter a hard look, then puts the dandelion in his curly hair and smiles at him. "Okay, I might be Spider-Man, but you, Miss Stark, can't be going around telling people that." She giggles after Peter calls her the Stark nickname.

"So, Spider-Man, do you live at the Avengers compound?" I ask him, trying to keep our conversation alive and exciting, or at least somewhat exciting.

Peter shakes his head at me, "no, I live with my Aunt May in Queens. I have to go back to high school for a couple years, you know, since I was gone for five years and didn't age like everyone else." He blushes again, then takes a piece of grass in his hand and plays with it between his fingers.

"Oh, okay." I say sadly. It is not supposed to come out as sad as I said it, but I have to keep Peter's attention somehow. It works, his head tilts and a frown forms on his lips. Not that I'm staring at his lips or anything . . . okay, maybe I am. "I think Harley and I are going to fix up some of the Iron Man suits and test them around the compound. We might be putting them to good use again, but it will be a couple of years."

Peter gives me a face, but I can't tell if it is good or bad. "You build stuff like Tony Stark? That's so cool! Will you be able to update my Iron Spider suit? Well, not my actual one, but possibly make another one full of new technologies and weapons I can use against bad guys. I—I mean, I will help too, I'm really smart as well, p-probably not as smart as you, but—"

"Relax, Peter, I will help you." My hand touches his shoulder and his entire body becomes less tense. "Besides, you seem like a really cool guy, and superhero."

Before I could keep talking, Harley sits right in between me and Peter and sticks out his hand. He introduces himself, then Peter almost shits his pants when he realizes how close he is to Harley Keener. Not only that, but thee Harley Keener is glaring at him and it probably scared him.

———

"You named my suit the 'Iron Lad'?" Harley yells as he storms through the glass doors at the Avengers laboratory.

I look up from my station, pushing my glasses back up my nose, "I'm not naming you Iron Man or Iron Boy, so you are the Iron Lad." I lean back down to look closer at the piece of medal in front of me, but Harley interrupts my thoughts again.

"Fine, then I'm naming your suit the 'Iron Lass'," Harley says in a proud voice. It doesn't bother me, it is a good name, so I shrug my shoulders at him and go back to messing with the medal. "You like that name?"

"I guess, it is cute and original."

"She is cute, isn't she?" Peter slides down his webs to hang right next to me and to look at Harley. That was not a smart plan. Harley holds out his hand to call the Iron Lad suit and fly after Peter. It is quite interesting to watch too. My (secret) boyfriend screaming for dear life and my brother yelling at the Spiderling for flirting with his sister.

It looks like we aren't telling him about us dating anytime soon.

I might not be able to update next Sunday, I will be in France for 8 days and I have no clue if I will be on WiFi to post!