Endgame (P.P.)

1st Person POV (spoilers)

We could not believe the news. It only took the press a couple of hours to report the death of Tony Stark. The news anchors told us that he died saving the world, and I couldn't be more proud of him.

After the snap five years ago, my twin brother and I gave up on humanity. The whole world went mad. People began to rob stores and break into houses daily, gun shots could be heard every night, and Harley and I had to live in this world by ourselves. (Both of our parents got dusted away by Thanos, it was terrifying.)

Every time I came back from a grocery run, I have to step on our "Keener" doormat and ignore all of my past memories. Harley tells me to ignore, but it is hard not to when our parent's dust is soaked into the plush mat.

Then, on the day the Avengers got back together to try to get the stones back, our favorite superhero died once and for all. Harley found out first. He was a wreck. When I found out, I was a wreck, too. Our parents came back home as well. They didn't know half of what was going on, but we caught them up and told them about Tony Stark.

The very next day, we left for New York. Out of very nervous habits, I bounce my leg the entire time on the plane ride while Harley bit his finger nails. I would tell him to stop, he would yell at me to stop, then we almost got in trouble with the flight attendants. By the end, we were the most hated people on the flight.

Eventually, we find a hotel with rooms available, so Harley checks us in with the money mom gave us. While he is doing that, I am outside trying to get in contact with Pepper or Happy. The first time I call Pepper, she didn't answer me. I didn't expect her too, but it was worth a shot. Then I call Happy, and after a couple of rings, he answers his phone.

"This is Happy Hogan, how may I help you?" He asks in his least happy voice possible. Honestly, who gave him the name Happy if he isn't happy.

"Hey, so you don't know who I am, but I'm Y/N Keener. Years ago, Tony Stark hid in my garage and gave us ways to contact him in case of emergencies. Harley and I are in New York right now and would greatly appreciate if we could see Pepper again." I don't want to sound too desperate over the phone, but the Keeners need to see Pepper before we decide what to do after the funeral. Harley and I have to ask her about some of Tony's old suits and possibly living with the Avengers.

"I'll go get her now, Y/N." Happy tells me with a happy sigh. At least, it sounds like a happy sigh.

While I'm waiting for Happy to go find Pepper, Harley comes back outside and sits with me on the curb. He has the two key cards in his hands and a stressed look still on his face. My empty hand comes up to rub his back and give him a side hug. Then, I hear Pepper's voice on the other side of the phone.

"Y/N, Sweetheart, is that really you?" She softly cries over the phone.

I nod my head, even though she can't see it, "yes, Pepper, and Harley is here, too." My arm unwraps from my brother's back so I can turn my phone on speaker. Harley says "Hi" into the phone as well and a sob escapes her mouth.

"I've been so worried about you two, ever since we moved upstate, then Thanos, and everything afterwards. I have to know all of my kids are okay." She says in her sweet voice that I have missed so much. And I forgot that she calls us her kids, gosh, I love her. "I'd love to see you guys at the funeral tomorrow. I'll send you the address through Happy's phone. Please take care of yourselves."

"We will."

"I promise."

Harley and I go up the elevator and stay in our hotel room for the rest of the evening. We don't do much for the rest of the night. The television is on, there's an empty box of pizza on Harley's bed (we got hungry), and tissues scattered all over the room.