Chapter 42

Hey guys:) I suggest that you read this chapter slowly and with the music I provided on the side  :D Hope you'll like this chapter because I did.

===================================================

DYLAN WILSON

------------------------------------

I was sitting alone at the empty street with my car beside me. It was raining hard. The feeling of hopelessness devoured me. Thank you to the rain for covering these painful tears I am now letting out. My clothes were soaked and my hair was really wet and messy. I've never cried so hard my entire life. Is it because I love her so much? Or is it because I don't want to lose her in my life? I squeezed my head and my heart was beating slowly. I wish I could take her place right now. I wish she wouldn't suffer like now. Now I really regret everything. I regret having sex with her. I regret the memories we've spent. I regret asking her out. I regret loving her. It really hurts but I really regret meeting Catherine. What would my life be right now if I didn't meet her? The sound of the thunder scared me and I gasped. I sighed right after and I looked to my left and I saw a girl walking without an umbrella. The thought about an umbrella reminded me of her again. My heart began to cry in pain and I could not endure it anymore. Then I got to see the face of the girl and I saw it was Stacy. She stopped and looked at me in surprise.

"Dylan.", she said.

"Stacy.", I said. We were silent and only the drops of rain echoed around us. She took a step forward and I stood up to face her.

"You're all wet.", I said.

"You are as well.", she replied. I went to my car and grabbed an umbrella. I approached her as I opened the umbrella and covered her.

"Why?", she asked. I just looked at her.

"Why are you kind to me?!", she yelled but she never looked at me. I can see her tears and I just didn't do anything.

"Answer me!", she screamed. Stacy sobbed and I sighed.

"Catherine told me to do so.", I replied.

"Huh?", she said and she looked at me.

"She told me that she knew one day you'd apologize. If that day came, she told me to be kind to you.", I replied.

"Catherine.", Stacy whispered. She covered her face with her hands and knelt to the ground. Stacy's cry pained me.

PAST -CATHERINE WAS ALREADY HOSPITALIZED

"Dylan, can I ask you a favor?", Catherine said.

"Sure.", I replied.

"I know that Stacy will apologize someday. If that day comes, please be kind to her.", Catherine said.

"Why? Why should I be nice to her when she had hurt and embarrassed you?", I asked.

"Dylan, it's not wrong to love. When we are in love, we would do not just anything but everything even to the point of hurting your friends and the people around you. Stacy just did those things to me because she was in love with you. She knew that I liked you back then and you liked me back. She didn't have a choice. When I realized this, I decided to forgive her. She was just a girl hopelessly in love with someone who doesn't look at her the way she looked at you.", Catherine replied. I was really speechless.

"Dylan? Will you do it for me?", she asked. I sighed and hugged her.

"Well if it's for you, how can I say no?", I replied. Catherine chuckled and she hugged me back.

"I love you so much Dylan Wilson.", Catherine said. What she said made me really happy because I know that it was true. I looked at her and kissed the tip of her nose.

"I love you more Catherine Wilson."

PRESENT -

"Catherine.", I whispered. I started to cry and I couldn't control my sobs. I cried so hard and I screamed. Stacy stood up and faced me.

"I know Catherine will be okay.", she said. I looked at her with my pained face.

"I know that everything will be alright. So don't cry.", Stacy said.

"Thank you Stacy.", I said. She leaned close to me and attempted to kiss me but she stopped where our lips where only an inch apart. A tear went streaming down her cheek and she smiled. She pulled away and stood in front of me.

"I guess I couldn't do it after all.", she said as she continued to painfully smile at me. She took the umbrella and pushed me away with her right hand.

"Go back and I expect good news.", she said. I was shocked at first. Then I smiled and I hugged Stacy.

"Thank you Stacy.", I replied. I pulled away and I ran to my car. I went in and I started the engine. My car roared with life and I drove away. Thank you Stacy. I feel a bit better now.

---------------------------------------

STACY MORLAND

---------------------------------------

I was left alone under the pouring rain with Dylan's umbrella covering me. It hurts. It really hurts. I knelt down and the umbrella fell to the ground. I cried and screamed so hard because it was so painful. Is it wrong to love? Why do I end up being the one who's hurting? Don't I deserve a bit of happiness?! Darkness was around me and it continued to rain. All I did was cry until there were no more tears left to cry.

---------------------------------

DYLAN WILSON

---------------------------------

I was so stupid to thinking of having regret everything. I have to apologize to Catherine. I drove as fast as I could. I didn't care about the rain pouring so hard. I continued to drive really fast so that I could reach the hospital and see Catherine. I couldn't wait to hold her in my arms and tell her how much I love her and our baby. I drove and there was I u-turn. I hit the breaks but it didn't work. What the? I kept hitting the breaks but neither of it worked. I continued to press it harder but my car didn't even slow down. Then in a split second, I together with my car fell off the cliff. Images of Catherine randomly appeared in my mind. Tears started to come out and fall. After that, everything was pitch black.

------------------------------------

Oh no!! What happened?! T.T

Find out in the next chapter of UMBRELLA!

Hey guys! I have an announcement. Umbrella will finally be ending this Month. Awwww :'( But I really had a great time writing this story. Especially this chapter which made me cry. Literally, this chapter made me cry. :'(

-SophiaMission