Chapter 15

MICHAEL COLLINS

-----------------------------------------

The wind was cold. It hit me and I shivered. Beads of sweat fell off my head like crazy and I panted like my life was at stake. I ran as fast as I could and kicked all this stress away. It hit were it should and I screamed like I won the lottery.

"Practice is over!", our coach yelled. It's already ten in the evening. We were practicing for the championship was already tomorrow. It's really nerve wrecking but it made me excited at the same time.

"Be here at six in the morning! Be late or be out of the team!". We all replied with a 'yes sir!' and dispersed.

"Let's hit the shower first Michael.", Mark suggested. I took my bag and towel.

"Nah. I'll pass.  I've got something to do.", I replied and walked away. I took the jacket out of my bag and wore it. It was really cold and I was only wearing my jersey. I arrived at the parking lot and unlocked my car. I threw my bag at the backseat and hopped in the driver's seat. I ignited the car and it roared. I stepped on the gas pedal and off I drove. I passed by a playground and I saw two people seating together. I bet they were a couple. The guy placed his arm around the girl as she rested her head on his shoulder. It looked romantic and I bet they were having a good time. I haven't experienced that kind of relationship. Yeah, I may be the captain of the football team, a player, and a drunkard but I never engaged myself in those kind of relationships. That's because I never wanted to experience a heartbreak and because of that, I avoided that feeling called love. Unfortunately, I failed. I fell in love. I never expected to fall in love but I can't help it. She's just perfect for me, at least that's what I think. And as what I have kept in my mind, I'll do anything so I could win her. It's because of her that I stopped fucking random girls and I am now focused on football and in my studies. Well, I'm still trying to lessen my engagement with alcohol though. I drove off and and I was now driving on a quiet street. Seriously, it was really quiet and dimly lit too. Straight ahead, I could see a figure walking. I drove closer to get a clearer picture and saw that it was Stacy. I stopped and she turned around. I hopped out of my car and approached her.

"What are you doing here so late at night and in this scary looking street too?", I asked.

"I was on my home. How about you?", she asked back.

"I'm on my way home too but I was taking a detour. I don't usually pass here.", I replied. She became silent. Later, a smirk was formed on her face. She looked at me like she had a plan in mind. I didn't know what it was but I think she was planning to count me in.

-----------------------------------------

STACY MORLAND

-----------------------------------------

I was never a fan of Catherine. Ever since I knew that Dylan started to like her, that was the time I started hating her. I didn't know that he would fall for her. Dylan is a shy guy who has trouble socializing with others. It even got me raging since he dumped me and my feelings. But despite that, I will not give up on Dylan. I'll do whatever it takes to make him mine and I bet Michael will do anything to make Catherine his own. A plan popped out of my mind and it made me smile, an evil smile at that.

"Stacy? What's wrong?", he asked.

"Hey Michael."

"Yeah?", he asked.

"Tell me something I don't know.", I replied.

"Like what?", he wondered. I looked at him and he stepped back.

"You like Catherine, don't you?", I asked leaning closer to him. He stepped back again and he sure took him time to answer my question.

"I'll take that silence as a yes. Well then, if that's the case, we're on the same boat.", I evilly smiled at him.