Chapter 14

DYLAN WILSON

-----------------------------------------

A few days passed by and I still didn't get a chance to talk to Catherine. It's not because I didn't have the time but I think it was because I kept holding back. I thought, if I asked her about what happened, maybe she'll know that I spied on them. That's won't be good. Catherine would just get mad. I didn't know how to approach this. Ugh! It's pissing me off! I slammed the book I was reading and everyone looked at me. I forgot that I was in the library.

"Keep it down!", one student whispered.

"Sorry.", I whispered back. I closed the book and fixed my things. I went out of the library and walked towards my car. I actually got a new car. It was a Honda but I don't know what the hell this car's name is. It was a sports car and I liked it. I've been saving up for this baby and I finally got one. Speaking of saving, I know how to talk to her now! I rushed back home with my car and I arrived really quick. Duh, this is a sports car. I stepped out of the car and hurriedly ran to my room. Without even caring to change, I opened my closet and found the bag where the watch was placed. Remember that watch Catherine was saving up for? I haven't given this to her yet. Alright! I'll give this to her tomorrow. I'll make sure that I'll be able to finally talk to her. I hope what I'm doing is right. It's really making me uncomfortable. I sighed. There was silence in the room. I was at a loss for words. Little did I know, I finally dozed off.

---------------------------------------------------

CATHERINE MCMILLAN

-------------------------------------------------- 

I woke up with a really high fever. My head was spinning and it ached so bad that it made me throw up. I decided not to go to school today since I was too weak to even sit up. Jacob was with me the whole morning since his shift was still this afternoon. But as time went by, Jacob went for work, leaving me alone in my condition. He promised to come after work though so I felt relieved since I'd have someone to stay with the whole night. I really hope that I'll be okay by tomorrow. The doorbell snapped me out of my thoughts. Wait, how in the world am I going to open that damn door when I'm too weak to even sit up?! Then I started crawling towards the door. Well yeah I could just say, it's open but Jacob locked the door before leaving. After 5 minutes, I was still crawling. I didn't have enough strength, to be honest. I was really weak. Ten minutes later, I finally reached the door when someone already opened it. I looked up and saw Dylan with the landlady.

"What one earth are you doing?!", the landlady asked worriedly.

"I wanted to open the door since it was locked but I was too weak to walk so I decided to crawl but I guess it almost took me about ten minutes just to walk a 5-step distance.", I jokingly replied. Dylan's face was not sad  or happy. Was he mad? He immediately picked me up and carried me to my bed. He covered me in my sheets and placed the plastic bag and a paper bag on top of the table beside me. I heard the door close, meaning the landlady already left.

"What are you doing here? Don't you have classes right now?", I asked.

"When I knew that you had fever, I just rushed here and bought some stuff along the way for you to eat. Also, I bought you fruits so you could eat them too and some energy drinks so you won't be too weak like how you are now. Also, I - ", I cut him off by placing my hand on top of his mouth.

"I get it. Thanks. I really appreciate this Dylan.", I plainly said as I tired my best to plaster a smile. He placed back all the things back and sat beside me. 

"Are you feeling a bit better?", he asked as he placed his hand on my forehead. Wow. This is making me embarrassing and I don't know why. I composed myself so I wouldn't be obvious.