Chapter 3

Catherine McMillan

---------------------------------------

“Wanna hang out sometime?”, Michael asked. He’s been asking me to hang out with his friends or the so-called “popular group” since Tuesday. Today is Friday and I’m starting to get irritated.

 “How many times do I have to tell you? My answer is no Michael so stop asking me.”, I replied.

 “Fine. This will be the last time I’ll ask you. Will you join or not?”

 “NO!”, I screamed. Looks like everybody heard me.

 “Ms. McMillan! Would you mind sharing to the class about your conversation with Mr. Collins?”, our teacher asked. Really, could anything be much worse than this?

 “We were just discussing on the topic you were discussing about how carbon dioxide would react to a solution that is mixed with salt Mrs. Payne.”, I lied.. Well that’s what you call a white lie.

 “Very well then. Class, let us continue our discussion.”. Michael winked at him and I shot him a glare. This guy seriously has some issues. Science ended and it was finally over. School’s over I mean. I grabbed my things and went to my locker.

 “Catherine, can you help me with my homework?”, Stacy asked. That’s Stacy for you, always asking someone to do her homework.

 “I still pass and I will always pass until the day we graduate.”, I stated. She pouted and said,

 “Fine. Anyway, I’m holding a party tomorrow night. All of the popular kids will be there. Wanna come?”

 “No.”, I said as I closed my locker.

 “Please? It’ll be fun. I promise.”, she pleaded.

 “No means no Stacy. So bear with it.”, I said and walked away. It was still raining outside. It has been raining ever since school started. Is there a storm or something? I took out my umbrella and started to walk by the sidewalk. Tomorrow is a promo day and I have to work until midnight. I can’t just ditch my job for some lame party. I’ve tried parties like the movie Project X but right now, I wanna focus on my studies and work if I wanna change for the better. I passed by a watch shop where they had these cool watch designs. I entered the shop and looked at the one watch that was being separated from the rest. It was an expensive watch and I have been saving up for it. It actually costs $500 and I still have a hundred. When am I ever gonna be able to buy this watch? My thoughts were bitter so I exited the shop and went home.

----------------------------------

Dylan Wilson

----------------------------------

I arrived home a bit early so I decided to take a stroll around the shops of California. While walking, I passed by a watch shop and I saw Catherine staring at some watch that was separated from the rest. Was she interested in that watch? Did she want to buy it? I got curious but when I saw her coming out of the shop, I immediately hid behind a tree. It was a huge one by the way so I guess she didn’t see me. When she was far away, I went in the shop and took a closer look at the watch she just saw. It was expensive. Was she saving up for this? Maybe, I couldn’t tell. I got a hunch that she was and I already had a plan in mind.

 “Excuse me.”, I asked.

 “What is it sir?”, the sales lady asked.

 “I’ll buy this watch please.”

 “That’ll be $500 sir.”. I gave her my credit card and after, I got a bag and the watch was inside it. I wonder when I’m going to give this to her. I hope I will be able to or this will become a thing I'll have to put away or give someone to. I planned to go to the bookstore that just opened last week. I didn’t have time to visit but since I’m free right now, might as well go. I went in and saw Stacy reading Sherlock Holmes.