Chapter 33

CATHERINE MCMILLAN

-------------------------------------

Lately, I've been feeling weird. It's been almost three weeks since I had this feeling. Also today, I've thrown up three times already. Dylan called the doctor as I was in the bathroom with Jacob.

"I'm done.", I told Jacob. He wiped my mouth and we both went out of the bathroom. He placed me on the bed and covered my body with a blanket.

"Are you feeling fine now?", Jacob asked.

"I'm a bit dizzy and I feel like my body can't move.", I replied. It's true though. I can't handle the weight of my body even though I'm very skinny now.

"Just rest. Dylan will be here anytime soon.", Jacob said. I closed my eyes and I suddenly fell asleep.

-------------------------------------

DYLAN WILSON

-------------------------------------

"She's what?!", I asked in shock.

"Calm down Mr. Wilson. I said, Catherine McMillan us pregnant and you're the father as seen here in the laboratory results.", the doctor replied. Holy cheeze cakes! I made Catherine pregnant. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. I don't know how I should react. Should I be happy? Should I be sad? Scared? Fuck. I don't know what to do or think. Due to the shock, I sat down and became motionless.

"I should tell you this. Because of this, Catherine's life is in danger.", the doctor warned me. I became scared and nervous when I heard the doctor's statement. Catherine's life is in danger?! Because of me? Because I made her pregnant?

"Mr. Wilson, if ever Catherine will reach the stage of giving birth, it will be either the baby dies or Catherine dies.", the doctor said. Horrified as I was, I ran out of the laboratory and exited the hospital. I sat on a bench at the park behind the hospital and caught my breath after all that running. What do I do? How will I tell my parents? How will I tell Catherine's parents? How will I tell Catherine? Will she get mad and hate me? I hate myself. I shouldn't have done it. Fudge cookies I'm starting to regret everything. I cried at the fact that Catherine's pregnant. I thought it was impossible at first since she has cancer and all. But now that it's there... I feel so scared. I'm such an idiot. I glanced at a couple which I guessed the father was sick since he was bringing dextrose with him. They were walking and talking. I saw the guy pluck a flower and placed it behind the girl's right ear. They must be in a happy relationship. Then I saw that they each had a ring. I guess they have couple rings, those promise rings and stuff. The girl kissed the guy's cheek and whispered something to him. They both laughed and just then, a three foot boy approached and hugged them. Are they a family? That must explain the ring in their hand. They must have it hard. Well, I'm already in a dilemma. A little girl in a wheel chair poked me. I looked at her and she smiled at me. I smiled back at her and she gave me a dandelion. These things are really fragile. Once the wind hit them, these little things fly away.

"Thank you.", I said. She just smiled at me.

"There you are! Geez, stop running away like that.", a nurse said as she approached us. The little girl rolled her wheel chair and hid behind me. She doesn't want to go with the nurse? I wonder what happened.

"Hey. Come on. I promise it won't hurt a bit.", the nurse said in a kind tone but the little girl won't budge from behind.

"May be she wants to spend a bit of time outside the hospital.", I suggested. The nurse looked at me and said,

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to let her stay here for ten minutes.", the nurse said. The nurse communicated with the child via sign language. Was the child deaf and mute? The little girl smiled and played with the flowers while the nurse and I sat on the bench not far away from the little girl.

"If it's okay to ask, what's her story?", I asked.

"It's okay to ask. Her name's Catherine. She's four years old. She'll be turning five tomorrow. You see, she was born with a beautiful voice. Catherine is a very talented little girl. She could sing really well at a young age. Some call it a gift. Some call her a born genius. Until one day, her voice just wouldn't come out. They thought it was just temporary but a month passed by but her voice still didn't come out. She even became deaf on top of that. And she is now three months inside the hospital and still no changes. But I believe in miracles.", the nurse said. I looked at her since the word miracles caught my attention.

"Don't worry. Every one will experience a miracle once in their life.", the nurse said as she stood up and went to the little girl. Later they both went in the hospital and I still sat like an idiot thinking on what to do and how to tell Catherine. I sighed for a fact that it can't be helped. I really just have to tell Catherine the truth and it's up to her if she would be happy or not. I stood up and went inside the hospital. Later, I was facing the door to Catherine's room as ai mustered up all my courage to tell her the truth. I opened the door with shaking hands and saw Catherine in tears. I felt really guilty inside. How can I face her now? I turned away but I heard Catherine whisper my name. I approached her and she suddenly sat up and hugged me when I reached at the side of her bed.

"Catherine?", I said.

"I was scared. I thought that you would run away and leave me.", she said. Yes, I did run away when I knew of the truth but I would never leave Catherine.

"I will never ever leave you Catheirne no matter what happens.", I replied. 

"Guys, can I ask something?", Jacob interrupted. Catherine and I looked at him in wonder.

"You're both acting all lovey dovey with each other. Are you two going out or something?", Jacob asked. Catherine and I were shocked. I saw Catherine blush which also made me blush.

"No, we're not going out. We're bestfriends.", Catherine replied. I swear I saw Jacob smile as he approached and whispered to me,

"I see. May the best man win.". Was he declaring war or what? Well, I know for sure that Catherine loves me so I have the advantage.

------------------------------------

Pregnant? Well yeah... I have lots of plans for these two love birds ;)

I guess I won't be ending this story this months :) rejoice! Lol

-SophiaMission