Chapter 18

MICHAEL COLLINS

--------------------------------------

I met with Stacy during the water break.

"So, let's carry on Phase 2. I heard Dylan's going to the restroom at the school building. Remember, borrow her Math book. I took it out of her bag awhile ago so it should be on her desk.", she said. I nodded and approached Catherine.

"Hey Catherine.", I greeted her. She turned to look at me with a happy smile plastered on her face. Somehow, guilt was building up insids of me but I don't care. I wanna have Catherine and I don't want Dylan to win the fight.

"Oh hey Michael! Great game.", she replied.

"It's still the first falf but it's good so far.", I added.

"Yeah but I could feel that we will win.", she replied. Man, seeing her so happy right now makes me even more guilty.

"Hey Catherine, sorry to ask you this from out of the blue but could I borrow your Math book? I unfortunately lost mine."

"Sure.", she said as she searched through her bag.

"It's not here. I must have left it on my desk. I'll go get it.", she said as approached Stacy and both of them ran towards the school building. Curiosity struck me and I secretly followed them. I tried to hide so that they wouldn't see me. Five minutes later, I saw Stacy talking with Dylan. I ran towards the classroom but it was locked. I peeked inside and I didn't find any book on Catherine's desk. Maybe she's already on her way to the principal's office. I ran towards the direction of the principal's office but I stopped running after seeing Catherine standing stiffly five meters away from me. The keys fell on the floor; its sound ringing all around the silent hallway.

"Catherine! Let md explain!", Dylan said. Catherine didn't make a single sound and looked down.

"It's okay. There's no need to explain yourself.", she calmly but painfully said. I could understand the pain she is feeling right now. It's not the feeling of heartbreak but the feeling of betrayal. Catherine slowly walked towards my direction and she looked up to me with tears on her eyes.

"Michael.", she said. I felt so sad for her. I know how it feels to be betrayed by a friend you love. But right now, I don't have the right to comfort her. It was because of me that she is in pain right now. I was part of Stacy's 'evil' plan to steal Dylan. But being Catherine's friend, I couldn't bear to watch her in so much pain. I hugged her so tightly that she cried hard.

"It's okay. Let it all out.', I whispered as I gently patted her head. I was expecting for Dylan to come after her but he didn't. He.was nowhere to be seen. He's truly a coward. He's no good for Catherine. Two arms suddenly wrap themselves around my waist and I looked down to see Catherine looking up at me.

"Hey Michael?", she said.

"What is it Catherine?", I asked.

"You won't betray me, will you?", she asked. Fuck! I was already betraying her from the start. I didn't wan't to lie but I wanted her so bad. I bent down so that we would be on the same level and I cupped her cheek.

"Listen Catherine, evsrybody makes mistakes. Some mistakes are even inevitable. But if you are a true friend, not even betrayal can break your friendship.", I relied. It was all I could think of.

"So you will betray me too?", she asked.Geez aren't you persistent.

"I won't say I will but I won't say I won't betray you Catherine. But if the time comes that I will, will you be able to forgive me? Or will you just take the risk of breaking our friendship?", I asked. Like I'm the one to talk. But I'm just trying to play safe so she won't get mad at me if she discovers in the future. Catherine smiled at me and said,

Umbrella [COMPLETED]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara