Chapter 29

DYLAN WILSON

----------------------------------------

"Yes doctor. Okay.", I replied.

"Listen.", the doctor whispered. I went near and he said,

"Her cancer is already on stage 3 and the cancer cells are spreading fast. We are doing everything in our ability to at least slow the cancer cells down first. With that, if it goes successfully, we could slowly cure Catherine. We couldn't cure her right away because of the rapid increase and rapid wide spread of the cancer cells in her body."

"Can't you do something about it right away?!", I asked.

"As what I have said, we are doing everything in our ability to slow down the rapid increase and wide spread of the cancer cells so Catherine won't hit stage 4. Because if she does, all we can do is lengthen her life for a few months. I'm sorry.", the doctor apologized. I really felt like crying. The doctor exited the room and I looked at Catherine at a corner. She was looking at the view outside the window. I stopped school because I wanted to take care of her. My father and mother allowed me to do so but in return, I would take over the school after I graduate college. Tough, huh? Well, I would rather have that than not take care of Catherine. My phone rang and I picked it up.

"Hello? Dad?"

"Son, the medicine has arrived. I will have it delivered to you and it will arrive in ten minutes. Our driver will take it to your room so you wouldn't need to leave the room."

"Thank you dad. I wouldn't know what to do without you.", I thanked him. I heard him chuckle and sigh.

"You're welcome son. I want her to be cured too.", my dad replied amd hung up. I placed my phone in my pocket and headed towards Catherine.

"You didn't eat. You have to eat so you could take your medications.", I said. She was still looking out the window and I just stared at her. In just a few days, she became skinny. I noticed the strands of hair that was all over the bed. All the wires attached to her wasn't a pretty sight to look at.

"Hey, Dylan."

"Yeah?", I wondered. She never looked at me while she talked.

"Am I gonna die?", she asked. I looked down and clenched my fists. I was about to cry when Catherine spoke.

"I guess it can't be helped. There's no use crying over it when it's planned already.", she said. She turned to face me with a smile on her face while I looked at her with a crying face.

"Come here.", Catherine said. I approached her and she hugged me.

"Don't cry because I can't hold my tears much longer.", Catherine said and I tried my best to stop crying.

"I promise you. I'm going to do everything just to find a way to cure you. I'll become a doctor if I have to.", I whispered. I felt Catherine nod and I hugged her back. I hugged her so tight for the fear of losing her was driving me crazy.

"I love you Catherine.", I finally confessed. I needed to tell her how I feel before it's too late. I didn't know her reaction but she was silent. I hugged her even more this time.

"I love you so much Catherine that I might go crazy if I lost you.", I said as tears were starting to fall. I felt a hand on my head slowly patting me.

"Thank you Dylan. You're the best thing the best thing that has happened to me.", she said. I didn't know whether that was her reply or not but I am happy already that she knows how much I love her.

"And you're the best thing that has happened to me to.", I replied as I faced her and stared at her pale yet beautiful face. I cupped her cheeks and kissed her. It was a long yet gentle kiss that we gave to each other. I felt two arms wrap themselves around my neck and I also wrapped my arms around her hips. I can't stop kissing her. She's just so irresistable. I don't give a damn about her past. What's important is the present. We pulled away and I sat on the chair beside her bed.

"I'm sorry about that.", I apologized.

"It's fine. I'm happy you kissed me.", she replied.

"You are?", I asked and she nodded.

"I thought maybe you wouldn't kiss me since I have stage 3 brain cancer.", she replied with a frown. I sat on her bed and held her hand.

"I don't care if you're sick or not. If I want to kiss you, then I will.", I said.

"But you need my permission first!", Catherine joked. I chuckled and said,

"Then what about earlier?", I asked with a smirk.

"That was an exception!", Catherine replied as she crossed her arms and lookes away.

"If you say so.", I replied with a smile.

"I'm hungry.", Catherine said.

"What do you want to eat? I'll tell the nurse to bring some for you.", I asked.

"I want to eat your porridge.", Catherine said. My porridge? Did I make some? Oh yeah. That time when Catherine got sick and I was the one who took care of her. I remember that I cooked porridge for her.

"I can't leave you here Catherine. I don't want to let you out of my sight.", I explained. She smiled at me and she laid back down.

"Okay Dylan. I don't want you to leave me either.", she replied.

"Here, I have a medicine that I asked from father. I don't know if it will help but it's worth a try.", I said. Catherine sat back up and took the baby cup.

"It smells like strawberry. I guess I'll try.", she said. She drank the medicine I gave her and drank water afterwards.

"I hope it works.", I said. Catherine placed the cup on the table to her left and laid back down. I tucked her in her blanket and sat down beside her.

"Thanks Dylan. I don't know what to do without you.", Catherine said. I leaned in closer to her and kissed her cheek then I whispered,

"The same goes for me."

-----------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter :( I promise to make a longer one on the next update! :)

-SophiaMission