Chapter 21

CATHERINE MCMILLAN

--------------------------------------

It was the start of a new year. I am now a junior high school student.

"Let's see. My uniform still fits me. Things are ready and I'm ready. Okay! Time to go to school.", I excitedly told myself. I wore my shoes and I closed the door and locked it. I went downstairs and I saw the landlady.

"Good morning!", I greeted.

"Good mornimg dear. Looks like some one is in a good mood today.", she said.

"Well of course! Who wouldn't be? Today's the first day of school.", I replied.

"I'm just happy to see you smile again Catherine.", she said. I smiled and said,

"It won't happen again. I promise.", I reassured her. I waved her goodbye and I walked out of the apartment. I guess she meant about how I was so depressed about Dylan's disappearance. It's been over a year now. Jacob and I still worked together at the same restaurant and he'll be entering school this year! He'll still be a second year though, a year behind me but that's okay. We ended up being as closer as ever, like we were bestfriends. As for me and Michael, we broke up but it was a mutual break up. We both agreed on it and now, Michael, Jacob, and I are like best friends. Michael was still the same old popular jerk that yeah, I admit, had fallen in love unexpectedly. I did love him though and he also seriously loved me but we both thought that it wouldn't work up. No hard feelings or heartbreaks happened. The same thing applies between me and Jacob. Because of that, the three of us became as close as ever. Oh, and Stacy? She had other friends. I never knew the reason behind why she kissed Dylan and why she betrayed me. I didn't mind anymore though. I was slowly moving on from Dylan and what happened  a year ago. But still, I hoped  to see Dylan again. Maybe not today, but maybe someday. I wouldn't expect anymore.

"Hey Catherine!", Jacob called out. I smiled and approached him.

"You look good in the uniform Jacob.", I complimented.

"Nah. Not really. Good thing I got in this school. The entrance exam was really difficult but I still managed to pass.", he said. I patted his shoulder and looked at him.

"And I congratulate you for that!", I replied.

"Hey guys!", Michael called us as he approached us.

"Hey!", I greeted him. Jacob and Michael did their handshake which I found unusual since it was weird and difficult. The three of us went in the school and Mark was there waiting for us.

"Hey guys. You're all late.", he teased.

"It's still seven thirty in the morning,Mark. You're earlier than ever I see?", I teased. Jacob and Michael held their laughter.

"Hmph! It's better than being late.", he said. We walked along the hallway and I sensed something. I looked behind but no one was there. I swear I felt someone was looking at us. Nah, maybe it was just someone who passed by.

"I'll go on ahead guys.", Jacob said.

"Oh yeah, you're still in second year.", Michael said.

"Bye Jacob. See you at lunch.", I said.

"Take care of yourself.", he said. Yes, Jacob was still the same old caring Jacob. Michael wrapped his arm around my shoulders and said,

"Don't worry Jacob. If anything happens, I'm always there for her.". A smile formed across my lips and I hid this from everyone. Okay, so maybe I hadn't fully moved on from Michael.