Chapter 41

CATHERINE MCMILLAN

--------------------------------------

"It's raining really hard.", I said.

"It is.", Dylan replied. I sat up my bed and Dylan helped me. It was nine in the morning of my seventh month stay here in the hospital and it was cold. I was feeling a bit dizzy and sleepy.

"I'm getting sleepy.", I said. I felt like my body was really heavy.

"But you just woke up.", Dylan replied.

"Yeah. Maybe I'll eat.", I said.

"What do you want to eat?", he asked.

"Vegetable salad.", I replied. Dylan smiled at me and stood up. He went to the kitchen and prepared the salad. I could hear the echoing sounds of the bowls and plates and I could hear the rain drops clatter by the window. I turned my head and looked at the window. It reminded me of the day when Dylan and I first met. I smiled to myself and my head started to ache.

"Ouch.", I whispered to myself. I touched my head and I laid back down. I sighed and closed my eyes. I felt really tired for some reason. Little by little,I was drawn to a very deep sleep.

-------------------------------------

DYLAN WILSON

-------------------------------------

I finished mixing the vegetables together like how Catherine wanted it to be. After placing everything on the tray, I carried it to the table beside her bed. I couldn't look at her though because the tray was a bit heavy. As I was preparing, I said.

"The salad I made today is your very favorite lettuce salad! I bet you're going to eat a lot to-", I stopped talking when I turned around and saw Catherine laying on her bed with eyes closed. I approached her and I felt this feeling of nervousness.

"Catherine?", I tried to call her. I placed the bowl back on the table and I turned back to her. Placing my hand on her wrist, it gave me the chills. She's go cold! I pressed my index and middle finger under her haw bone. My hands were moving on its own. I got scared and I pressed the emergency button. In just a few minutes, the doctor and two nurses came in.

"Doctor, she doesn't have a pulse.", I told him. My body was shaking amd I began to sweat despite the coldness of the surroundings.

"Hurry! Bring her to the emergency room!", the doctor screamed as the two nurses hurriedly exited the room manipulating the bed where Catherine was in.

"Doctor!", I called him.

"This is critical for her and for the baby. If the mother doesn't have a pulse, then so does the baby!", the doctor said. A wave of fear washed all over myslef and I found myself kneeling on the floor.

"We will do whatever we can to save Catherine.", the doctor said as he ran out of the room. I was left alone, staring on the pale cold floor that stared right back at me. I punched the floor so hard that my knuckles were starting to bleed. Tears were falling down from my eyes. I was so scared and I didn't know what to do. Catherine, please don't leave me. What will my life be without you?! I called Michael and the others and in about an hour, they all arrived in the room.

"What the hell happened?!", Michael asked.

"Catherine... she's... not breathing.", I replied while sobs were coming rapidly out.

"Oh no!", Christine said in fear.

"Why is this happening?!", I screamed and cried.

"I can't accept this.", Michael said.