Chapter 22

MICHAEL COLLINS

------------------------------------

"Hey Catherine. You seem to be really  - ", I was cut off when Jacob, Mark and I saw him. He and Catherine entered the classroom and everyone looked at him. The three of us were shocked as hell. It's been so long since we last saw him. Has it been a year? Yes. It has been that long. No wonder why Catherine had a huge smile across her face. It somehow made me sad and hurt inside. I had a happy time with Catherine until he appeared.

"Dylan?!", a girl said in shock. We saw Stacy at the other entrance if the room. Her eyes were wide in shock and her jaw dropped. Not literally.

"Yes?", he asked. The class whispered to each other.

"I'm back.", he said and smiled. Everyone was happy to see him again. I looked at Catherine and I spotted a pink rose on her hand and a bag. I thought she went to the library? Did she know Dylan's return? Catherine approached us.

"Dylan's back.", Mark said.

"Yeah. He even surprised me awhile ago.", she replied. I looked away and my mood became foul.

"That explains the bag and pink rose.", I told her. Jacob and Mark looked at me.

"Oh this? Yeah, Dylan gave these to me awhile ago too. He surprised me after I came out of the library.", Catherine replied. So she did go to the library.

"I bet you're really happy.", I said.

"Yeah I am.", she replied. That's it. I've had enough.

"Good for you.", I said. I walked away and sat on my seat. I know I was being so obvious and stupid but I didn't want to talk to her. My mood is so foul right now, I wanna fuck someone. Clenching my fists, I tried to control myself and I looked out the window. The rain hasn't stopped yet. I could hear their happy voices and laughters. It's pissing me off. For the whole day, I tried my best to act cool and stay calm. The bell rang and the students ran out of their classes. I stood up and grabbed my bag. I made my way to the door when Catherine called me.

"Michael? Where are you going?", she asked.

"I got practice to do.", I replied. I tried to smile and she didn't notice what I was hiding.

"Oh. We were planning to go have some cake and I was hoping you'd come.", she said and a frown formed across her face. I sighed a smile and patted her head.

"Don't worry cupcake. I'll make it up to you. I promise.", I said. She smiled at me and said,

"Don't call me cupcake. We're not together anymore.". My smile disappeared.

"Anyway, have fun on your practice Michael. Oh, and don't worry. You don't have to make up for it. Bye!", she continued as she walked away and approached Dylan and Jacob. Damn it Catherine! Don't rub salt on my wound. Though I agreed to go separate ways, it's not like I have moved on already. Catherine and I have been together for a year and through out that year, my feelings for her deeply developed. Mark and I were walking and I stopped.

"What's wrong? We have practice in five minutes.", Mark asked.

"I'll just skip practice today.", I replied. Yes. Maybe I needed time. I needed to be with myself and think things over.

"Michael, you've really changed.", he said.

"What do you mean?", I asked. I clearly didn't umderstand this guy.

"Ever since you liked her and went out with her, you've completely changed. It's like you're a whole new person. I mean, you changed in a good way dude. In a good way.", he said. I sighed.

"Forget it.", I told him.

"Just because you broke up, means you'll go back to your old ways?", he asked but I didn't reply. He patted my shoulder and said,

"Let's go get ourselves wasted dude. How about at my place.", he said and I nodded. We rode on my car and left school. We arrived at Mark's house ten minutes later and I turned the engine off. We hopped off my car and we went inside. Mark went to the kitchen to get some drinks and I sat on the couch. It was a nice house. It was really clean too. I can't believe how many girls he fucked right in this house. I made myself at home and Mark came in the living room bringing five cases of Vodka. Yeah. My favorite drink. I took one bottle and I immediately opened and drank it.

"Easy there dude.", Mark said. By five minutes, I've finished fifteen bottles of Vodka. Impossible right? Well, for me, that's only a few. But later, I started to feel a bit dizzy. Well, I haven't drunk hard like this in a year since Catherine wouldn't allow me to drink too much.But despite her set limitations for me, I still loved her.

"Tell me what happened. You should be good enough to talk.", Mark asked. By the way, I become too honest when I get drunk and I have to admit, I'm a bit drunk right now.

"Ever since he came, Catherine wouldn't talk to me. I know he's the reason why both of us broke up. I know that.", I said. I punched my chest really hard that it made a thumping sound.

"It hurts man. Right here.", I punched my chest, "It hurts so bad.", I continued.

"Calm down. I understand how you feel dude. But it was good that both of you broke up. If you didn't, it would only mean that you are willing to be used by someone who doesn't completely love you.", Mark said.

"But Catherine did love me.", I said.

"Yeah she did. There's no question about that. But the question is, how much did she love you.", Mark said.

"She did love me, damn it!", I yelled and punched the table.

"Chill yourself. I'll be in my room if you need anything dude.", Mark said as he got up and walked upstairs to his room. I was left alone at the dark living room. The light slowly disappeared outside allowing darkness to take over. Artificial light spread throughout the living room. To my right was the window and to my left was a wall where I leaned my head against. I closed my eyes and images and memories of Catherine flooded my mind. My heart started to hurt more than it did. I really do love Catherine. Shit. What's with her that I have fallen so hard for? Back then, I was just some popular jock who played football, went to bars ever night, a fucker, and most of all, a man who did not know how to live life the way he wanted to. But ever since I met Catherine McMillan, the girl who was lost in school looking for the room for History class, the girl who I loved to tease, the girl who I fell in love with, the girl who broke me, the girl who made me as who I am today, and most of all, the girl who changed my life, everything about me changed. I'm thankful because of that. I'm thankful for everything about her. Tears  started to fall out of my eyes and I raised my arm across my head and covered my eyes. There's one thing I'm really thankful for. I'm thankful that I hae fallen in love with her. Damn it. It hurts.

---------------------------------------

Now that Dylan has returned, one person gets hurt. Now that Michael realizes his pain, what will happen between him and Catherine? Will their friendship still last? Or will someone cut the string of their friendship? Find out on the next chapter of Umbrella! :)

Hey guys! Here's another chappie for ya! Thank you guys for all your support :) I love you all! <3

Who do you ship for Catherine? Dylan? Michael? or Jacob? Let me know your thoughts on the comments! :)

-SophiaMission