Chapter 10

Catherine McMillan

-----------------------------

How the hell will I be able to face him tomorrow? I pushed my pillow into my face and I was beginning to suffocate. My phone scared as it rang and its tone echoed the whole room.

“What?”, I asked in an irritated tone.

“Sorry, did I disturb you?”, he asked.

“Ah, no.”, I said as I blushed.

“Great. Hey, about what you did earlier –“, he paused.

“What about it?”, I asked.

“Why did you do it?”, he asked back.

“Beats me.”, I replied.

“Beats me?”, he asked.

“It means I don’t have the fucking idea why I did the stupidest thing a human being would do to a classmate.”, I replied, and this time I was angry.

“Looks like someone is in a bad mood.”, he said.

“Isn’t it obvious?”, I asked.

“Do you want me to cheer you up?”, he asked.

“How on earth will you do that?”, I asked.

“Beats me.”, he replied. This time, I got really pissed off.

“Look Michael, if you don’t have anything better to say, - “, I got cut off when he started to sing. I listened to him. He had a sweet voice and it’s fit for an acoustic singer. His voice was similar to Owl City and he sang the song Enchanted. But the song was sung slowly and it sounded so nice. I heard a guitar in the background. I never expected him to do this. This was the first time a guy sang for me. I savored the moment and a few minutes later, he stopped singing.

“Catherine?”, he checked if I was still alive and good thing I was still breathing like a normal human being.

“Yeah? I’m still here.”, I replied.

“What do you think about what I just did?”, he asked.

“It was a good song. It’s sweet of you to have done it. I never knew you had a nice voice.”, I replied.

“I never sang for anyone before.”, he said.

“Really? Why? “

“I don’t know. I’m usually a guy who just fucks hot babes and gets drunk every weekend. I never even had a long and steady relationship.”, he replied. Why is he telling me this? I wondered.

“Why are you telling me this?”, I asked out of curiosity.

“I don’t know. I think I just felt like telling you.”

“Thanks.”

“For what?”

“For telling me what you just said a while ago.”, I answered.

“It’s okay. I feel like we’re becoming close.”, he said. Honestly, I felt the same way too.

“I also think so.”, I replied.

“Really?”, he asked. He sounded happy.

“Yeah. I mean, if it weren’t for this project, we would never have become this close.”, I stated.

“You have a point. Well, I want to know more about you.”, he said.

“Do you want me to pass a resume about myself?”, I asked. I heard him laugh and said,