Heartbeat.

Yoongi POV

"Help me." I begged the two shocked males in front of me. RM jumped into action at those words, telling me to bring Nari out to the car. Jhope took my keys, saying he was going to sort out Jimin.

I cradled Nari in my arms, she was so light and still, but the shallow breaths she took reassured me that she was still with us. RM ushered me out to his car, opening the back doors for me to climb in with Nari still in my hold. I pulled her in my lap, whilst adding pressure to her wound to slow down the bleeding and strapped the seatbelt over both of us. Her head was limp and laid back upon my shoulder, as we sped through the city to our home.

The drive seemed shorter on our way back and as soon as the car stopped in the driveway, I shot out of the car and carried Nari through the front door bridal style. Jin was there to greet us, his big smile soon turned somber when he spotted the blonde haired beauty in my arms.

"Follow me." Was all he said and stalked off down the hallway, to the room he had been settled in when he was being treated to himself. I noticed all of BlackPink coming out of the kitchen to greet us, but RM held up a hand, symboling to give us space. Jin led us through the house and pointed to the door at the end of a corridor. "I'll be thinking of you all. I hope things turn out well. Good luck." I could tell he was holding back tears, as he turned and went back the way we came.

The treatment room was already set up with various types of equipment, I raised my eyebrow at RM in question. He caught onto my puzzled expression and explained. "When we first found out she was taken, I stocked up on anything and everything we might need. I didn't know what condition we would find her in and planned for the worst." I nodded before asking something I hadn't thought about until now.

"How did you find out where we were?" He gave me a small smile. "Jisoo called me. She said you were going in on your own and was worried for your safety. It's a good thing she did, otherwise I don't know how you would have made it here without her bleeding out." During his explanation, he attached wires to Nari and soon the sound of her heartbeat filled the air. It showed on a screen, placed next to the table that Nari was placed on, the horizontal line zigzagging upwards at a irregular low pace.

"I'm going to have to undress her to care to her wounds and find where the bullet punctured her. You might want to look away." I met his gaze and didn't back down until his eyes lowered. A cut was made down the centre of her dress. It fluttered open, revealing her protruding ribs and hip bones. Nearly every area of skin was covered in cuts, some had turned into angry scars but most were open and weeping liquid. Her shoulder was flowing a river of red, which was the first thing RM attended to.

He searched for a exit wound, but there wasn't one. "I'm going to have to fish the bullet out." He put on some gloves and lift a pair of surgical pliers from the stainless steel table, after pulling it towards the bed from the corner of the room. "I asked Jin to sterilise everything when I left. I was hoping I didn't have to use them." His voice was quiet, yet strong.

I admit he wasn't my first choice for this, given his tendency to break everything in the vicinity, but I was down on options and he was the only one qualified asides from Jin. I understood why Jin wasn't called into do this though, he was still healing and couldn't stand for long periods of time without fainting or causing strain.

I held Nari's hand whilst RM searched for the bullet. After a torturous while, he pulled out the blood soaked metal. "It's still intact. That's good news that I don't need to cut into her more to retrieves pieces." My stomach lurched at the thought of him having to hurt her more. I struggled an internal battle to keep my fluids inside my body.

It took hours to clean and stitch up ever single welt, darkness outside showing how long we'd been sitting here. I just listened to her heartbeat and stroked her cold wrist, as my hand was a lot bigger than hers and completely engulfed it.

"All done. Only thing left to do is to put antibiotics into the IV line" This was going smoothly, I was going to see her smile again, hear her laugh, cuddle her, love her.

She's been saved.

RM attached a bag to the line that was inserting into her other hand, pumping the yellow liquid into her system.

Within minutes her body started to convulse. She shook uncontrollably and her heartbeat started to slow even more.

There was no time to react. No time to do anything to help her.

Her heart stopped beating.