Heavenly.

It's so bright here. I'm not just taking about the lighting, but the atmosphere also. Thousands of people surrounded me, greeting people in clusters as they went. Many were crying tears of joy as they cuddled into someone that was of great importance to them. A couple caught my wandering gaze and looked at me with pity. Glancing down at my figure, I saw the same red dress I have lived in for a month and the same frail limbs I had become accustomed to.

But why weren't they helping me, if they could see how broken I am?

My memories are in a haze and I don't understand where I am or how I got here. All I know is that it's beautiful, otherworldly. The most picturesque place I've ever been to.

As far as I could see there are acres of fields filled with wild flowers, the only thing separating the area being a stream, that led to a flowing waterfall situated off a cliff. The water was crystal clear, pure and untainted, showing the multiple exotic fish, in every colour of the rainbow. Instead of blue skies, it was a light fuchsia, littering this unknown place in a warm glow.

I wandered around aimlessly, trying to find my reason for being in this heavenly location. I knew none of the faces around me. After a glance, their features were forgotten, refusing to stick in my memory.

I walked for seconds, minutes, hours, days - I don't know. Time seemed nonexistent and irrelevant, with no need to rush in such a joyful environment.

I paused and squinted my eyes at the sky, no sun was there to blind me but the brightness was causing a reflex, I've had all my life, to protect my sensitive blue irises from the light. I smiled at the cotton candy clouds, thankful for the peace that I finally felt. With a jolt I realise there's no pain anymore.

Deep breath in and out.
I'm finally free from pain.

Tilting my head towards the crowded area, amongst the nameless faces, I see something - someone familiar.

The smile that welcomed me home during my childhood, the kind mocha eyes, the sleek waist length, black hair. With arms outstretched to me, wafting the scent of Jasmine that I longed to breathe in forever.

"Eomma?"

I rubbed my eyes, not believing what my vision was telling me

I looked at the other figure beside her. With the same piercing blue eyes, I own staring back at me, love and tranquility reflecting on his expression. His face back to the one I knew most; not the one from my last moments with him. Owning the same wide button nose that I inherited and hair the same shade of blonde.

I stand unmoving and unbelieving.

"D-Dad?"