Jim X Reader--Soulmate AU. Part 1

First One shot! Let's go!

--

Soulmates AU

(Y/n’s) POV

“Uggghh, I hate school Toby. Why do they have to give us so many tests?!” I exclaimed angrily as I re-adjusted the bag on my back that was currently being dragged to the ground by school books.
“Honestly (N/n)? (Nick name) I think we should just forget about it for now, you could come over mine and play video games with me and Aiden to get your mind off it?” (Aiden is human Aaargh, Ben is human Blinky.). Toby suggested as I smiled and pulled my phone out to text my mum, asking Toby to quickly stop. So I could ask.
After a couple of moments I looked up and smiled. “OK Toby, we're good. Lead the way!” I smiled as we walked through the neighbourhood, chatting about school and our upcoming tests.

“Huh, you've got a new neighbour? Do you know them?” I questioned as we stopped outside of Toby’s house; my eyes seemed to be drawn to the recently sold house, I must have been curious as to who lived there.

“Anyway, you were saying about a video game, my good sir?” I questioned in a mock posh accent. Toby smiled, revealing his braced to me and attempted to mock posh accents like me.
“Indeed I did, malady. Come, and I shall show you my humble abode.”
“Why thank you good sir~” I stood straighter holding back my laughter by biting my lip.
“It's not a-”
“What are you two doing? Wingman? (Y/n)?” Aiden’s voice cut Toby off as we searched for the source: Aiden himself.
“Up here.” Aiden called out softly as Toby and I squinted up towards the open window. (They weren't being Racist, don't worry. Jeez. Your all so sensitive).
“Aiden! Wassup Wingman? (Y/n’s) coming over to play video games for the evening!” At Tobies words Aiden lit up and clapped, however I was semi-distracted by the boy looking through the window of the recently sold house. He seemed lonely, so I decided to raise a hand and give him a small smile as a greeting. The boy responded, mirroring my actions. As I turned around and walked into Toby’s house to greet Aiden, brushing off the incident.
“So (Y/n) what game are you in the mood for?” Aiden asked as Toby pulled out his towers of Video games on Routine.
“How bout… Assassins Creed?” I offered looking up at Toby and Aiden who were smiling.
“(Y/n), wanna try and play? I understand  it's hard for you and all.” Toby spoke as I picked up a controller and glared at it, before I glared at the disc in the box.
Sighing I handed the controller back to Toby.
“Nah, still impossible to distinguish one colour from another. But I'm happy just watching!” Shaking my head I smiled, Aiden patted my back gently, his broad  figure may have given the wrong impression. Aiden was one big, huggable teddy bear.
The bell rang, interrupting my train if thought. “I'll get it!” Toby offered as he struggled to his feet and dashed downstairs.
A couple of moments after Toby left the room, a dull throbbing pain began pounding my skull as I hissed and screwed my eyes shut.
“(Y/n)? You alright?” Aiden questioned as I smiled and decided to head downstairs for some pain killers.
As I reached the foot of the stairs I heard voices and peeked around the banister to reveal… The lonely window boy and a woman in her late 30’s or early 40’s.
“Yo Toby, what's happening?” I questioned as I clutched the side of my head tighter. Glancing at the dark-haired boy, I noticed that we were about the same height, he had pale eyes. And he also. Looked visibly distressed.
“(Y/n)? Jim? You don't look so good. (Y/n) you know where the painkillers are if you need them, and Jim you're more than welcome to help yourself if you need them.” Toby offered as. I quickly retreated to the kitchen in order to full my pain.
Maybe I'm dehydrated? I thought as I reached for a glass of water. Blinking I shut my eyes for a couple of moments after taking the spin killer, hoping to relieve the pain.
Blinking, I glared down at the green mug.
Taking a step back my heart stopped as the green mug shattered against the black and grey floor. Straying at my surroundings I began to panic. Colours, defined colours where everywhere.
Feeling overwhelmed I began to hyperventilate, backing myself into a corner and closing my eyes.
Opening my eyes once more I became relieved knowing the colours had once again blurred into one another.
Intimidated by the mess I retreated to the hall just in time to witness Toby bid The dark haired teen and his mother farewell.
“(Y/n), what was the shattering noise?” Toby questioned as he walked past her into his kitchen. Grabbing a dust Ian and brush the girl chuckled dryly and chalked it up to her headache.
“Say T. P. What was the deal with that Jim guy and his mother, are they the neighbours?” I queried as Toby nodded and explained how they had moved after an unfortunate event with the husband/father.
My mind was racing at the memory of the distinguished colours. What had triggered that? Was it a hallucination? Probably. However I'm sure if one thing, I think Jim could be a great addition to our little friend group!

--

A/n-I was planing on making This a two part thing. But it depends on how you guys feel about it. Feel free to request. And have a good day!
-Blue 💙