25 : We Need To Talk

Start from the beginning

Summer talks to my mom behind my back! She just broke . . . the girl code. If there is one against it.

"Please stop talking," I mumbled, running my hands through my hair. A girl can only take so little at a time, my head was sure to explode. 

"Do you want me to talk to him for you?" My mother asked, glancing between me and Summer. 

I snorted, a small laugh escaping my lips. "You're insane, woman."

"Don't talk to me like that." 

"I'm sorry," I gulped, pressing my lips into a straight line. If I kept going at it, I'd be sure to get grounded, again. 

"Look, bottom line is, you have to be the one to talk to Harry. From all that Summer has told me, the boy has a lot on his plate that we don't know about," she told me in a serious tone.

I sighed loudly, running my fingers through my hair. "I know, I'm just trying to find the right moment to do it. Lauren told me that management wouldn't-"

"You want me to get into contact with their manager? I'll be happy to express how I feel-"

"Sweet baby Jesus, no mom!" I yelled, resting my head on the couch cushion again. "Everything is just so ... difficult. Harry told me, well Dominic actually, that he likes me. I would love to be with him, but I won't if it means he'll get in deep trouble for it. Besides, it'll never work out."

"If it's meant to be, it'll work out," Summer assured. 

Looking at the two, I smiled wryly, shrugging. She's right. If it's really meant to be, it'll work itself out, but right now, Harry and I aren't even on speaking terms. I don't know if he's mad at me or anything, but the boy won't even look at me now. If that's not anger, I don't know what is. 

Harry's POV.

"Hand me the buns," I requested, placing each of the finished veggie burgers on a plate. I honestly couldn't wait to devour them. Turning around, I put the plate on the counter that rested in the middle of the large room. Wiping the grease off my hands on the apron I was some how forced to wear, I glanced around at the lads staring back at me. 

"What?" I asked, looking at Liam, hoping he'd be the first to speak.

"We need to talk," Louis spoke, crossing his arms over his chest.

I sighed, nodding my head no. "Can we do this later? We need to get back to the hotel before-"

"It's now or never, mate, we need to figure out what's going on," Niall told me, leaning against the fridge.

Couldn't they tell I didn't want to talk? I suddenly feel like they are all ganging up on me.

"Why did you disappear for so long? We were worried sick, lad," Zayn said.

 Rolling my tongue over my lips, I shrugged. "I just needed to clear my head. That's all."

"Don't shut us out, Haz, we're your friends and we worry about you. Now, honestly, what's been going on that's got you like this?" Louis pushed on, a pleading look in his eye. 

Pinching the bridge of my nose, I shut my eyes closed. "It's just the whole s-situation with Ella and management. I'm just stressed and don't know what to do."

A small laugh filled my ears. Opening my eyes, I watched Louis as he ran his hands through his hair. He looked at me, nodding his head with a cheeky smile on his face. 

Did I say something funny, or amusing to him?

"Harry, when have you ever given a damn about management? You've always done your own thing, no matter what," he acknowledged. "We all know what you want, Hazza. Don't let anything or anyone stand in your way."

"Ride the roller coaster that is life!" Zayn shouted, a grin on his face. 

"Live for the moment, because everything else is uncertain!" Liam added, mimicking Louis' voice the best he could.

Looking up at the ceiling, I shook my head slowly. "I wish it was that simple."

The last thing I want is for Ella to think I'm mad at her or hate her in some kind of way. She means a lot to me, but the situation I'm in won't be worked out in a day. It's much more complicated than what everyone thinks. 

Ella knows how I feel about her, so I hope it's enough to get her going. I just need time to think, to figure everything out. Thing is, I don't know how much time me or the lads have left here. Paul and management's patience are wearing thin. 

"Just know that we're here for you," Niall assured, sending me a warm smile. 

Returning it, I grabbed the plate and motioned for them to head for the door. "Come on. The burgers are getting cold."

Leaving it at that, we headed back to the hotel room. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I didn't want to change back to Ella's POV lol. I don't want to switch back and forth like that in one chapter. Dinner will be in the next chapter. 

What do you think is going on with Harry and management?

;D Drop a comment down below!

Sorry if this was a sucky chapter in any way T_T'