Chapter 19

Song above is "For you" by Rita Ora and Liam Payne.

    Jensen's POV

      The next morning I woke early and went downstairs to the kitchen. I decided that I wanted to show off my mad cooking skills, plus Lynn and I had a big day ahead of us. I went to work making pancakes, bacon, sausage, and eggs. I had learned to cook from Mike and Catherine's mother. She had taken me in as one of her kids and she was an amazing woman. When she and James died it had killed me just as much as it killed Mike and Catherine. I tried to shake off the memory and went back to cooking. I had coffee going and the table was set. I was just about done when I heard a husky voice behind me. "So, you like to cook huh? It smells great son." I turned and saw Cornelius standing in the doorway to the kitchen. 

"Yeah, my friend's mom taught me. Why don't you get the girls and Dillion, breakfast is ready." He nodded and headed off to wake everyone.

After we ate breakfast, Lynn went up to get dressed while Delphina and I cleaned up. Once we were alone she started to speak with me. "Jensen, I want you to know that Cornelius and I will keep Lynn safe. I know that someone is after her even though she won't tell us what is going on." Something in her voice told me that I didn't need to worry about Lynn while she was here. 

"I trust that you will protect her. I am sure that when she is ready she will tell you everything." Delphina nodded. 

"So where are you two off to today?" I looked over at her as I finished the last dish. 

"I am not sure. Lynn wants to go see the sights. Any suggestions?" She smiled a big grin. 

"Oh there are so many places, but I recommend seeing the ancient Colosseum's and the Sistine Chapel. Our driver will take you anywhere you want to go. I will have him get the car."

She ran off to get the driver and I started to walk out to find Lynn. When I came out of the kitchen she was standing at the bottom of the stairs. She looked fantastic. She wore a simple white dress with slits on the sides and white sandals. Her hair was down and her make up was lightly done. I couldn't stop looking at her. She saw me looking at her and smiled. "See something you like?" I walked over to her and took her in my arms.

 "Damn right. Are you sure you want to go out today? We can just stay in our room all day." She shook her head at me. 

"Oh no, you don't. I want to see the sights and I am sure that I will be under lock and key while you are gone. So come on let's go." I laughed as she took my hand and tugged me out the door. She was right though, I didn't really want her to be out and about while I was gone.

 She was right though, I didn't really want her to be out and about while I was gone

We walked out to the car that was waiting for us and got in. The driver didn't ask where we wanted to go he just started to drive. I assumed that Delphina had told him what we want to do. Sure enough, after about an hour's drive, we pulled up in front of the Sistine Chapel. Lynn's eyes lit up as I helped her out of the car and we walked into the building. I have to admit that it was truly a once in a lifetime experience that I never thought I would have. The art and the overall experience was amazing and watching Lynn's reaction was like watching a child in a toy store. Her eyes were wide with excitement as she walked with me hand in hand. I was enjoying every moment of it.