Chapter 3

By the next morning, Jacob had a meeting set up between Joseph and me at one of the most desired restaurants in town, La Grenouille. It was one of the most iconic French restaurants in New York and it was always busy so at least both of us knew that nothing would happen while we were there. The meeting was set for eight o'clock that night and I was already pumped. I had heard some crazy things about Joseph but it didn't bother me. He wanted me to work with him and I wanted to have an agreement between us that I could live with. Now that my group was expanding I didn't want our men to have to worry about pissing off the Suicide Kings.

    It was only noon so I decided to go down to the warehouse and check on the newest shipment we had received and then have a quick work out. I headed down to the garage and hopped on my bike and took off to the warehouse. When I pulled up Jacob was outside yelling at a few of the men. "What have I told you fucks about checking the shipments completely? Now we are short over fifty guns and have no idea where they are." I walked up behind the men and stood there with my arms crossed trying my best to not kill all of them where they stood. 

"What the fuck do you mean the shipment is short? I thought I told you, idiots, to double-check everything. Who was in charge?" A younger member came forward. He wasn't much to look at and I honestly had no idea who he was. Jacob usually dealt with recruiting. 

"I was sir. I ..." I didn't even give him a chance to explain. POP! POP! I shot him where he stood. 

"Double check the shipments. Next time I will kill you all."

    I walked past the shocked faces of the other men and went inside. I heard Jacob yell at them to clean up the mess then he followed me in. I walked straight into my office with Jacob on my heels. "What the fuck do you want Jacob?" He stopped in the doorway. 

"Just wanted to make sure you were ready for your meeting tonight." I glared at him and he quickly exited my office. Stupid ass, of course, I am ready. I have done my research and I know just about everything I can about Joseph and his gang. I needed to let some steam off so I changed into my gym clothes and headed over to the gym. I worked out for about an hour before Jacob came in. He was geared up and headed into the boxing ring. "Come on Jensen, let's do this shit."

    I looked up at him. Did he just challenge me? "What are you up to Jacob?" I said as I made my way into the ring. "You know that you are no match for me." Before I could even get in the ring all the way, Jacob was on top of me. He was quick but I was quicker. He hit me in the chin knocking me to the ground but I used that to my advantage and took him down with a swift kick to his legs. I was on top of him punching him in the face but he kept himself covered. He was able to break my concentration for a split second and threw me off of him. Once he did this he stood up and threw his hands up in surrender. 

"Alright Jensen, you are king. Now, do you feel better? Because I can't have you going into your meeting all hot-headed."  Fucking bastard. 

"Yeah, I am better. But if you ever do that again I won't stop."

   I got out of the ring and walked back to my office. I had wasted enough time at the warehouse for the day so I changed and headed back to the house to get ready. By the time I was showered and dressed it was time to go. I drove to the restaurant alone but Dillion and Jacob would be in the restaurant for back up. I pulled in front of the restaurant and the valet rushed over to my side and opened the door. I tossed him the keys and handed him a bill. "Keep it close." His eyes were wide and a little too excited as he hoped in my cherry red with black stripes 1970 Chevelle SS 454 to park it. I watched as he parked it in the first spot closest to the door then I walked into the restaurant.

 I watched as he parked it in the first spot closest to the door then I walked into the restaurant