Chapter 8

Joseph's POV

I left the coffee shop with a smile on my face. This was a perfect way to test where his loyalties were. My men had collected information on Jensen after our first meeting. I knew everything about him and his connection with Michael Scott and The Lions. I also knew that he had separated himself from them shortly after the death of Mike's sister at the hands of Lynn's brother. What I didn't know was why he had returned to Chicago on such short notice. I had decided to fly out and see if I could find out. Shortly after my arrival, I had seen him at Mike's house with her. So he at least knows her, but why is he with her I had thought to myself. It was then that I had come up with the plan to have him bring her to me.

I climbed into the waiting car and drove back to the airport. I had to make him believe that I knew nothing about him or her being with him. However, it was upsetting me that she was even with him. She belongs to me. She just doesn't know it yet. If Jensen followed through with our deal, then she would be with me soon. A smile spread across my face as a thought came into my mind. Her in a white dress standing next to me as someone from behind us announces "I now present Mr. and Mrs. King." Hmmm, Lynn King has a nice ring to it. I looked at her picture on my phone, soon enough my love.

Jensen's POV

   I stayed at the coffee shop for another half hour after Joseph left just staring at the pictures. I also wanted to make sure that I wasn't followed back to Mike's house or to the safe house. Once I was sure that Joseph was gone I paid the bill and went to my car with the pictures. I started back to Mike's place, driving around town for a few to lose any tails I might have. Once I got there I went in and found Mike in his office with his girlfriend. I hadn't seen much of her since I had been here, I think her name is Rebecca or some shit. She actually seemed like she was giving Mike a run for his money. "When the hell are you going to let me and Nicole go out? I am tired of being stuck in this house." Mike looked annoyed at her when he answered. 

"I told you already woman when I feel it is safe for you guys to go out alone I will let you. For now, how about Trevor and I take you girls out for the night tomorrow." Rebecca let out a little squeal and hugged Mike. 

"Oh thank you, baby."

    I knocked on the door and pushed it open more. "Jensen, come in. Rebecca why don't you go call Nicole and let her know our plans. I need to talk with Jensen." Rebecca hugged him one more time then walked out of the office. Mike motioned for me to sit down and I did. "So what happened at the meeting this morning?" I pulled the envelope of pictures out of my jacket and threw it on his desk. As he opened it and started to look at the pictures his eyes widened. 

"Joseph wants me to bring her back to him. He hired me to track her down and deliver her to him. We have a month to figure out what we are going to do." Mike put the pictures down and laid his head back against his chair. 

"Well, Jensen, what do you think we should do?"

    I had no idea what we should do, but I knew that I needed to convince Mike that we can combine our groups and win this war. "I think it is time to combine our groups and gather as much Intel as we can on Joseph. We have a month to prepare and execute our plan or Joseph will send someone else to get Lynn." Mike stared at me with tired eyes. 

"Alright Jensen, since you know him better, I am going to let you take the lead on this one. But you still have to consult with me before you make any final decisions." Shit, is Mike actually giving me control over this?

 "I can do that. I will call my men and have the majority of them come here. I need to leave a few in New York to take care of business and make it look like everything is fine." He nodded at me.