Enji Todoroki × Reader: Begin Again II

Start from the beginning

He lowered his head. "Oh come on Enji! You can't expect me to have an affair with you and then move in with your family!" You stood up walking to your room and started making the bed.

"(Y/n), please just consider it an option..."

"Enji. I care about you, I really do. But you haven't even told your kids. I have already traumatized your family enough. I can't do anymore to ruin it."

"I think you would be a great mother for my children!"

You both froze, as if someone stopped time, processing what Enji had just said. "A good mother?" You lowered the sheet you had in your hand. "Their mother isn't there. Shoto is the only one who visits her anymore. The other kids are too busy, and by the time they get home they just want to relax." He approached you, footsteps thumping on the floor.

Wrapping his arms around you and carefully placing them over your belly. "I want a family. I want you to be a part of it." You leaned back with the back of your head against his chest feeling the thump of his heart as it pounded away. "Your wife Enji. I can't." Mumbling you put your hands on his arms softly carresing them.

"She is to afraid to see me. I wouldn't blame her after what I have done." He removed his arms from around you and looked at his hands while your back was still turned.

"I want to meet her." You said turing to face him. Churning in horror, Enji put his hands on your shoulders. "What good would that do (Y/n)?" You touched his cheek. "Enji, it's the only way I will agree to anything. Since she cannot return, I will offer to help care for her children." Enji dropped his hands as you walked past him, leaving him standing, grabbing your keys and walking out of the house.

Once you arrived at the hospital you asked to visit Rei. The receptionist told you where to go and you thanked her walking to her room in the psych ward. The door was open and you watched as Rei sat perfectly still and looked out the window. You tapped you knuckle on the door as she looked back at you.

"Who are you?" She asked tiliting her head.

"I'm (Y/n), I would like to talk to you about something. May I come in?" You said still standing in the door way watching as her eyes loomed over your body. "Of course." She said gesturing to the chair across from her.

You nodded and walked in and took a seat slowly. "I'm here to talk about Enji." You said, watching as her eyes slowly opened wider and she sat up straighter. "Oh. What about?" She questioned.

"I'm not going to sugar coat this." You said as she nodded in understanding but confused at your serious expression that had suddenly dawned on your face. "I dated Enji for two years in highschool, and then broke up with him when he started taking interest in you." She said she understood and remembered him vaugley mentioning your name.

You continued to explain what had happened and all about the situation you were in, including the affair, the baby, and Enji wanting you to move in with him. The whole time she sat their listening and nodding along.

"So does that all make sense?" You rung your fingers waiting for her reponse. Rei softly smiled and looked out the window. "Yes. It makes sense." She said. "It's funny. I should have known he still had feelings for you."

"I don't think he does." You said rubbing your neck. "No (Y/n) he has never been happy with me. I was second best to you our whole marriage. He didn't just briefly mention you. He talked about you a lot." Tears came to her eyes as she looked out the window.

"Enji is right. My kids need a parent who can be there. I can't divorce Enji until I am released from here though." She looked at you. "Rei. I am going to make sure Enji comes here. You two need to talk. Please don't just assume he has no feelings for you." You stood up and went to leave.