c h a p t e r • t h i r t y f o u r

••••••••••••• chapter thirty four •••••••••••••••

     On the short flight back to New York, we conversed in our seats. We'd taken Dad's private jet instead of commercial seeing as how Weaver Inc owned it, which means we technically owned it too.
We all sat in the back of the plane, while Evie slept quietly in the front, behind the curtain. We'd managed to convince Tumbles to let her come with us. We guaranteed him protection if my father even thought for a split second about firing him or worse if he found out the truth about Evie. Tumbles has been there since I was a baby, and I'd be damned if I let Tobias Weaver ruin his life too.

"This is...crazy!" Jas shook her head as she read over the will for the millionth time. Benny snatched it out of her hands and threw it into the empty seat next to him.

"Hey!" She complained.

"Reading it over and over won't change what it says." He rolled his eyes.

I sat in my seat, ignoring most of their conversation. I watched clouds roll by, the setting sun reflecting an aurora of shades amongst them. Pinks and blues, yellows and oranges; all of them littered the bright sky and there was only one thing I could think.

If only Mom could see this.

My mind strayed to the letter see left. I pulled it out of my pocket, unfolded it, and let my hands roll over the words. Even from beyond, she had us in mind.

"What do you think, P?" A voice said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I turned in my seat and was met with 6 pairs of gloomy eyes, waiting for an answer.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked since I hadn't the slightest clue as to what they were talking about.

"What should we do with...that?" Winn pointed to the will as if it was contagious.

I thought about it for a moment.
"Well, we have a plan A and a plan B."

"And those plans would be?" Tommy inquired.

"Plan A: tell Dad what we know. We can force him to back down and return our lives to how they were. Evie gets to stay with us, away from him. Jas gets her title back. Adam gets back on debate. I get to go back to SCAD. If he complies, then maybe we won't snitch about his blatant embezzlement and child abuse."

SCAD doesn't sound as appealing as it use to.

"Plan B?" Adam asked.

I shrugged.
"We take his ass to court."

***

Once we reached New York, everyone went their separate ways. Tommy and I took Evie back to Tommy's condo, which would be her home for the foreseeable future. Everyone else either went to their own homes, or went to the campus.