c h a p t e r • o n e

• • • • • • • • • • chapter one • • • • • • • • • •

If you're like me, and happen to be the 2nd youngest person in your family, then I'm sure you can relate.

My name is Penelope Grace Weaver, or Penny for short.
I'm a 19 year old college freshman at SCAD: Savannah College for Art and Design.
A little about me: I'm a traditional artist, painting mostly. I love watching movies and reading books. I love hanging out with friends, you get it, the usual stuff.
I may seem average to the naked human eye.
You know, a young college girl pursuing her art career, right?

Wrong.

Try being a young college girl pursuing her art career in a family full of geniuses and businessmen.
I have 5 brothers and 2 sisters, all business majors at some fancy business college. Well, except my little sister. However, since she's a 13 year old with an IQ of 139, she'll get there soon enough.

While they really didn't have a choice in which college they went to, they did have a choice in what they'd major in. However, my father could be very "persuasive" when it came to his children's futures. He tended to believe that he was "pushing them in the right direction". By right direction, he meant his direction.

Ah, and then there was my father.
The old fart with a stick up his butt who couldn't take a joke to save his life.

Tobias Weaver.
Owner and CEO of Weaver Incorporated.
He became a young entrepreneur at the age of 15, making stupid architecture out of his garage and showing them off the high-ups and elites any chance he got.
He built a multi-billion dollar company off of his intuition and people skills.
He, for some God forsaken reason, expects his 8 children to follow in his foot steps.
Lucky for him, 6 of them did.

My twin brother, Benny, went on to major in International Business.
My sister, Jas, went on to major in Real Estate.
My 2nd brother, Winn, studies in Human Resources.
My 3rd brother, Adam, studies the boring subject of Accounting.
My 4th brother, Chris, studies Finances.
And my oldest and favorite brother, Tommy, studies Business Management and Administration.
All Business majors.

I, on the other hand, went more of my mother's direction.
She was a talented photographer and painter, who graduated from SCAD. She has a passion for capturing the world through the lens of a camera in a way that made your heart skip a beat.
When she felt something she knew the rest of us were feeling, she'd explain it to us. She'd paint us a picture.
She knew how to manifest things and flip them unexpectedly; light and shadows, bright and dark, vibrant and dull.

Now that's a future I can look into.

She died four months ago of cancer, 1 month before school started. She'd been sick for a while and she knew it was coming, but it hit us all harder than we expected.
However, we pushed through because we knew she'd want us to.