c h a p t e r • s i x t e e n

••••••••••••••••chapter sixteen••••••••••••••

(Listen to song before reading chapter.)

The "dance" was at a hotel someone in downtown Manhattan. Tommy had been oh-so generous to get a limo for the ride, only solidifying people's thoughts about us being rich snobs.

I sat between Tommy and Jas, unfortunately directly across from Parker and his brother.
I just have to play this night cool and calm, right? Just don't let on that we know each other. That's all.
Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

The limo pulled into the roundabout at the Hotel, letting us see how packed it was. Cameras flashed and people stood behind velvet ropes, hoping to get a glance of the people arriving. The only thing separating the crowd was a beautiful velvet red carpet that led to the front entrance of the even more beautiful Hotel.

"Woah," I murmured. "Kenna you weren't kidding when you said this was a big deal."

She only smirked and touched up her lipstick before allowing Chris to guide her out of the car.
Tommy opened our side door and got out, before holding this hand out for me. I graciously take up and get out of the car.
Before I could say "boo" I was bombarded by the flashing lights of paparazzi, and by paparazzi, I mean photography students from the college down the street.

I looped my arm in Tommy's as we walked down the red carpet slowly enough to let people be dazzled by our presence.
God, I feel more snobby than ever.

"Don't be nervous, P." Tommy smiled from beside me as we slowly inched closer to the door.

"Why would I be nervous?" I chuckled.

"Because you're cutting off the circulation to my arm." He chuckled.

Suddenly realizing how tight I was holding on to his arm, I sheepishly loosened my grip.

We eventually got inside of the Hotel, and the inside seemed even more gorgeous. The walls were gold and sculpted with precision.
Beautiful people in beautiful gowns and suits scattered amongst the floor, talking to each other while sipping champagne out of flutes.

"I suddenly feel a tad underdressed." I whispered to Tommy as we walked across the floor, the rest of our group behind us.

"Shut up, you look great, P." He smiled.

I rolled my eyes.
"You're my brother, you have to say that."

He shook his head with a smile as a waiter walked by. He snatched two flutes off the tray and handed one to me.

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Uh, hello? Minor?"

He chuckled before mocking my tone.
"Uh, hello? Sparkling cider?"