c h a p t e r • t w e n t y s i x

••••••••••••• chapter twenty six ••••••••••••••••

    My hand shot over my eyes as I stumbled into somewhat of an awkward situation inside of my room.

"Oh my god, my eyes! My poor innocent eyes!" I cried as I heard shuffling and falling as the two perpetrators scrambling to get their half naked bodies off of my bed.
I peaked through my fingers to see Chris and Sunny stumble over themselves.

"Oh shit, Penny!" Chris nearly broke his ass trying to reach for his shirt that had been thrown on my canvas.

"Oh My God, Penny, I'm so sorry!" Sunny gasped as she slipped her shirt back on.

I sighed. This was awkward, gross, and now I have to get new sheets.

"Out, out, out!" I ordered. They quickly obeyed and nearly sprinted past me and back into the party. I quickly shut the door behind them and rubbed my frustrated eyes.

"Penny, I am so sorry!" Sunny exclaimed.

I'm going to be honest, I didn't think that she'd, of all people, would be the one I'd catch making out in my room at a party. I'm not upset, but rather actually a little impressed. I'm kinda glad she was able to get out of her shell and at least confirm her feelings for Chris...but did she have to do it in my room, on my bed?

"I swear, I didn't mean for it to happen! It just that one thing led to another and next thing I know we were making out and suddenly we're in a room and making out on a bed. I didn't realize it was your room until it was too late! Please, forgive me! I didn't mean to-"

"Sunny!" I exclaimed. "It's alright."

"What-" She murmured.

"I'm not upset. It's a party, everyone does stupid things. I was just caught a little off guard. It's not exactly everday that you see, nor want to see, your brother making our with one of your best friends on your bed."

Her expression quickly changed.

"...best friend?"

I furrowed my brow.

"Of course. You sound surprised." I  chuckled as we wandered back into the center of the party.

I was walking towards the kitchen when I noticed she'd stopped walking. Confused, I turned to look at her. There she was, standing still, her eyes getting wetter by the second.

"Oh my god, Sunny? You're crying? Why are you crying?" I walked back up to her and rubbed her shoulders in a comforting manner.

She sniffed as a small smile tugged into her lips.

"I've never had a best friend before."

My eyes widened in confusion.

"Really? Not...ever?"