c h a p t e r • e l e v e n

••••••••••••••••••chapter eleven•••••••••••••••••The 3 of us sat at 2 tables pushed together, now including Sunny

The 3 of us sat at 2 tables pushed together, now including Sunny.
I sat on one side between Tommy and Sunny, while Chris and Benny occupied the seats adjacent from us.
As I tried not to gag at the smell of whatever the hell Benny was eating, I listened intently to their conversation.

"Yeah, that idiot frat boy Seamus Richmond thinks he's all that and a bag of chips. Man, I hate that guy. He's so rich he buys another boat each time the other one gets wet." Benny shook his head in disgust as I chuckled.

"What's so funny, Grace?" He asked, calling me by my middle name.

"Oh, nothing Fredrick, it's just you sound like a whiny 15 year old." I smiled while taking a fry off of Chris's plate (despite his objection) and popping it into my mouth.

"Yeah, whatever. When you meet him, you'll have the same boiling cauldron of hatred rumbling inside you as I do."

"Speak of the devil..." Chris chuckled as his eyes fell to something behind us. I followed his gaze to see the a handsome young man walking our way, followed by a group of other boys who seemed less important by comparison.
The kid, who I'm assuming was Seamus, approached our table with a bright asshole-ish smile. You can practically smell the "egotistical maniac" radiating off this boy.
He approached us with his hands behind his back and a sly smile tugged on his lips.
"Welcome back to Wadlington, Weavers. How was your break?" He said in a deep, almost mocking, tone of voice.

"It was great, Richmond, thank you for asking." Tommy replied in a uninterested voice, not even giving Seamus' antics the time of day.

"I see you've added a member or two to your clan." He glanced to Sunny and took her hand in his. "You must be this Penny Weaver I've heard so much about."

His kissed her hand and Sunny almost chocked on the fries she was vigorously chomping on.
I held back laughter before clearing my throat, catching his attention.

"Actually, she's Sunshine. I'm Penny."

His face fell, then instantly rose again as he snatched his hand away.
"Oh," He murmured. "I see."

Is it just me, or should I feel very offended right now?

"Well, anywho, I stopped by your...measly...crew to invite you to a Welcome Back kegger I'm throwing tonight. You're all invited."

"As fun as that sounds, Seamus, we're busy." Benny deadpanned, giving Seamus an unsavory glare.
I smiled before sneaking another one of Chris' fries.

"Aw, c'mon," A voice interrupted. "You all should come."

A figure stepped out from behind Seamus, causing me to look up and almost choke to death.
It was hard to recognize him since when I first met him I was drunk off my ass, but I knew that voice.