c h a p t e r • t h i r t y o n e

•••••••••••••••• chapter thirtyone ••••••••••••••

The two days leading up to our planned Tampa trip were uneventful and worrisome. I spent 48 hours itching for more details about my father' illegal history. For once in my life, I was the one with the whip, not him.

And damn did it feel good.

I was in my room throwing clothes into a suit case when Kenna barged in, a smile on her face. It quickly faded when she saw my bag and how it was almost filled.

"Where are you going?" She asked as she flopped onto my bed, next to my toiletries.

"Tampa for the weekend. Me, Jas, and the boys have stuff to handle." I shrugged while throwing in a few bras.

"Oh, yeah. Jas told me all about the stuff you and your troublesome siblings are doing."
She smirked. "You know, I'm really proud of you."

My eyebrows furrowed as I glanced at her.
"Really?"

"Yeah," She smiled. "Think about it. You didn't wanna come to Wadlington but you made the best of it. You're passing all of your classes, you're dating a cool guy, you have great friends and family. And now, you're taking down your evil bastard of a father like a true badass, straight up Natasha Romanoff style! If I hadn't be selected to be your roomie...I don't know, I just feel like my year wouldn't be complete."

As I threw the rest of my clothes into my overflowing bag and (forcefully) zipped it up, I turned to her and smiled.

"Wow, Kenna. That was really sweet."

"I know." She grinned while flipping her hair over her shoulder. "But anyways, I came in her to tell you some important news."

"Okay, shoot." I huffed while flopping onto my bed. Stuffing clothes into a bag really worked up a sweat.

"Well, a little birdy told me that a certain someone, cough cough Parker cough cough, was going to ask someone else, cough cough you cough cough, to the End Of The Year Dance." She smiled.

One eyebrow shot up as I gave her an 'are you serious?' look.

"What?" She asked as her face fell.

"Kenna, you know dances aren't really my thing. And if Parker does decide to ask me, I would have rather it be a surprise." I shook my head at her before sitting my suitcase by the door.

"Yeah yeah, we know. It was at the dance when Parker first kissed you and sparked this whole cubuddle of 'I like him but I can't like him!' and sent us all into two weeks of hell."

Was it really that bad?

"But, this dance is right before summer break! It may be the last time you guys see each other for a while! C'mon, P! One dance won't kill you." She nudged.