l e t t e r s • f r o m • m o m

Dear Thomas,

Dear Thomas,

My eldest boy. Oh, how I will miss you so.
Ever since you were little, you've always thought it was your job to protect the littler ones no matter what. It's great that you want to keep them safe, son. However, sometimes, you've got to let them protect you as well.
You don't have to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders.
I never meant for it to be this way, sweetheart.
Tobias and I took away your childhood too soon. We gave you too many responsibilities and as I write this letter on my death bed, I realize that not letting you enjoy your youth was one of my biggest regrets.

And I know you'll never let on about how broken down and tired you truly are, but it's okay to ask for help sometimes, okay?
Watch over them, Tommy.
But watch over yourself as well.

Momma loves you.
So long, until we meet again.

Love,
Mom

***

My Love, Jasmine

My Love, Jasmine

Hello darling, it's Momma.
I had four boys before I had you. You can imagine the joy when I found out I was having a girl, when I found out I was having you.
I'm blessed that I've gotten to see you grow up into a remarkable young lady. I'm so sorry that I won't be there for your wedding day, or the day you have (or adopt) children of your own. I may not be there to help you through every thing, but here's some advice I'd like to leave you behind.
You are a strong, independent, glowing, extraordinary young woman, my love. You've taken initiative of your life, and that's amazing.
However, don't forget that there's a world around you. Don't stay cooped up in your hamster bubble for so long that you forget about the world, and it forgets about you.
Smell the roses, watch the sun rise, feel the ocean breeze. Don't let your youth run away without you, darling.
There's a world out there. Go figure it out.

I'll always miss you.

Love,
Mom