20 Ønly The Middle

I grabbed his hand and pushed it down.

"Uh.." my words got caught in my throat.

"Why are you even thinking about it...Shouldn't you be thanking me for trying to help?"
He now sounded ignorant and rude.

"Thanking you? If anything you made this situation worse.."

He looked confused.

"What?" He asked his tone getting more and more harsh.

"Bye" I said waving.

He stepped back a little but he soon stopped when he hit somebody.

He slowly turned around.

Not even a second later Jack stabbed him in the stomach,he fell to the floor groaning.

"Arg..slender's not gonna let this go Jack,y/n already killed Hoodie and now you killing me?..hah good luck surviving the next few weeks.."

Slender?

Jack talks about him all the time...
Is he his boss or something?

"I know,but it's worth it" jack said coughing a few times after.

"You're sick,your not gonna last long.. especially with her on the wanted list.. everybody is searching for her,people even from Zalgo's side haha.."

His breathing got slower and he took fewer breath's.

He didn't say anything,he stayed there motionless..

Jack growled and threw the knife at the wall,it landing perfectly into the wall.

"Jack..are you okay?" I asked.

I thought about comforting him but you know he's not one to he touched.

"No!..i-im,not..okay.."

The sounds of Jack's heavy breathing was all I heard other than my fast heartbeat in my ears.

"Is there anything I can do?" I didn't want to stand here useless so guess I'll try.

"Just be careful okay? What he said is true..you're wanted everywhere and everybody is looking for you.."

"Then why didn't Jeff and Toby try to get me?" I asked.

"Because..they know you're special.."

I looked down and saw nothing but ash cover the floor where Adam layed,I slightly gasped.

"What happened to his body?"

Jack sighed and said.

"When someone like me dies,their body turns into ash."

You can't even bury them?

I mean you could bury the ash but that's not the same.

"Just remember y/n..I'm not the one who wants to hurt you alright?..I'm gonna try with everything I have to make sure you stay with me.."

I nodded and smiled.

"Thank you"

It felt too much like a gross cheesy moment and so I decided to break it.

"Sorry about your water,I was gonna give it to you but I kinda got distracted." I chuckled.

"Whenever I'm serious you just have to be weird.." jack said even though he was wearing his mask I could hear the hidden smile behind it.

Hours went by,jack and I cleaned up everything and it seemed like everything went back to normal.
Though I wanted jack to explain everything,I wanted to wait another time I guess he told me enough about every going after me and how his kind of people died.

"Hey jack..do you think we would be able to go to that lake Adam talked about?"

Jack shrugged,of course it would be smart to stay inside of the house and not trust anything Adam said.
But you get easily bored here.

"I don't know..maybe"

Jack and I were sitting on the couch in blankets and pillows.

"You know he was flirting with you.." jack shifted in his spot.

"Was he really?..oh..I didn't realize..I'm not usually the one to be hit on..it's usually the pretty girls with the long blonde hair and red lipstick.."

I kinda felt good hearing that someone hit on me but soon mentally slapped myself because he was only faking it..

I sighed.

I didn't realize jack shifted in his seat again.

"That's why I was mean to him.."

Jack admitted.

I just laughed at the whole situation.

"You two acted like a bunch of kindergarteners"

Jack chuckled and again shifted in his seat.

3 times already..

I hadn't looked over to him in awhile,was he uncomfortable?

An I too close?

Maybe it's because he's sick..

I didn't want to make him uncomfortable so I shifted a little bit further away hoping he won't notice and ask.

I cleared my throat and chuckled a bit.

"So,are you feeling any better?" I asked.

Jack scratched his neck and sighed.

" A little I guess,I'm still cold though..is that thermostat working?"
He twisted his body and looked across the room to look it at.

"I hope it's working,I hate watching you be so sick jack..if you're still cold you have my blankets,I'm not that cold."

I took the two blankets off of me and tried giving them to jack but he stopped me.

"No no I don't want you getting sick now,come on just get closer."

He pulled me to him and i could feel his body heat.

"Jack you're really hot,are you sure you're cold?"
I reached my hand over to his forehead and put the back of my hand on his head,his head was really hot.

"I hope your temperature dies down"

I sighed and shook my head.

"We need more medicine,I don't think we have enough..I can go out tomorrow an-" jack cut me off.

"No..you aren't going anywhere without me..we can't take that risk.."

I forgot about that..

"Well we can't just sit here and wait for you to die.." I said.

I took my hand away from jacks head and looked down at him.

"I won't die.." he said.

"Yes you will if it gets bad enough,and then if you die then I'll curl up into a ball and hide in a corner,until the 'Slender' comes and kills me."

Jack scoffed.

"Wow you wouldn't cry? Y/n I'm hurt" he said jokingly while crossing his arms and looking the other way dramatically.

"Oh shut up!" I softly hit the top of his head.

I sat down next to jack and covered us with the blankets.

We continued to talk to each other for hours.