Meet the Justice League

Zacznij od początku

Luke came into the living room and smirked at me. He started walking towards me and just as I was about to shake his extended hand, he walked right past me and then started laughing like the butthead he was and plopped on the couch as he took out his phone from his pocket.

That sucker!

“Jade! Why are you not here yet, sweetie?” I heard my grandma talking on the phone. “Oh! Why not?....Uh huh…Oh honey, we all miss you!”

SHE’S NOT COMING?! YAAAASSSSSS!!!

I started grinning like crazy.

She was always the big meanie out of us. She’d always hide my Barbies, wipe out my sand castles and flirt with my crushes in front of me and if nothing, then just back bitch about me or simply roam around as she were some super model, which she would never be, though she was modeling for some agency at the moment.

Hating people without any reason is just not me but then again, there are some people like Jade in my life, for whom it should be a sin to expect a cookie from me ever!

I would always stand on one side and she on the other.

After melons, I hated Jade THE MOST!

“Yeah, she’s right here,” Grandma said and looked at me.

Fuck!

“No! No! No!” I was saying repeatedly in a hushed voice when Grandma smirked and put me on the line. Damn! “JADE!” I said in a voice too sweet for her to digest. “How have you been? It’s been SO long!”

“Hazel! I’m great! Just had a photo shoot! You know Ruby! She’s always getting me new campaigns to model for!” she chirped.

Umm….well Jade was bisexual and Ruby was her latest fashion photographer girlfriend.

“Yeah! You’d be nothing without her! You definitely owe her your career. Who would otherwise pick you?” I said in a disgusted tone.

“Hazel!” Grandma said and smacked my arm with a warning look.

Woah ho ho! You brought this on me old lady!

“Whatever! We love each other and she feels that that’s the least she can do for me!” she said with her usual bitchy tone.

“Yeah right! You love her like you loved that guy in the management of that lame agency of yours and that other Italian one who bought you your lovely car!”

“French! He was French!”

Like I care!

“And at least I’ve had people in my life that have loved me! Unlike some who are gonna be loners for life!” she said in a condemning tone.

“Excuse me? Who said I’m alone?! FYI I have a boyfriend too! And he’s so hot that he can even turn that Ruby of yours straight!” I said and huffed.

Shhhhhhhhh…..

If a teensy weensy lie keeps me from feeling low in front of her, then be it!

“YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND?!” grandma screamed with utmost excitement. Her announcement was followed by various calls from around the house.

“A boyfriend?!”

“A boyfriend?”

“That dude must be blind!”

“My girl has grown up!”

“I think I’m gonna puke! DON’T EAT THIS PUDDING!”

“Oh really?!” Jade continued. “Who is it? Liam Payne?” she said and sniggered.