Meet the Justice League

A/N: This is short!

This is unedited.

______________________________________

Have you ever noticed that noisy family, laughing like animals, throwing food at each other and very determined to make sure that everyone around gets to hear their funny stories and then die laughing, while you’re sitting with your ‘oh-so-civilized’ family in a corner of a restaurant and shaking your head and sniggering at their stupid behavior or just rolling your eyes and complaining against them to the manager?

That was probably us, as I like to call us, the Justice League.

It was my grandparents’ wedding anniversary and as always we all were gonna spend the day together. But mind you…we were not exactly….sane!

Especially when we were to be put together under the same roof!

Our house looked more like a madhouse that day!

“YOU JUST WAIT BRANDT! ONCE I CATCH YOU, I’M GONNA BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOUR SORRY ASS! YOU SICK-“

“AUNT LOLA!!!” I shrieked as I heard my dad’s sister. “Jesus! We’ve got kids around here!” I said and looked at her disapprovingly but then started chuckling. My aunt was busy running around the living room with a rolling pin in one hand after her younger brother i.e. my Uncle Branny. She stopped and rushed towards me.

“Hazel!” she chimed and gave me a tight hug. “Look at you! You’ve grown so much!”

I laughed and said, “You’d seen me at Christmas too! I’m still the same!”

She smiled and said, “Oh is it!” She observed me from head to toe. “You’re right! I’ll use that on Norah,” she said and winked.

Just then a flying newspaper hit her on the face. “You’ve grown too! I get that Pete is a chef, but that doesn’t mean all you gotta do is stuff yourself up with food all day long!” Uncle Brandt said and smirked. “You look bloated!”

Pete, Aunt Lola’s boyfriend and the others in the room burst out laughing but then zipped their lips up when she glared at them.

He waved at me and said, “Hi Princess!” I shot him a toothy grin and then started laughing hard when he started running again, a beyond mad Aunt Lola trailing him. They always cracked us up with their small fights. They had not grown mentally at all after the age of ten!

“Hazel!! Oh, honey, I’ve missed you so much!” Grandma said cheerily as she captured me in a tight embrace.

“Aww…I’ve missed you too!” I said as I pulled back and held her hands. “And I’ve missed you too! I’ve missed both of you!” I said to my Grandpa who was feigning hurt and pouting.

Drama….Yeah, that’s in our blood!

He started laughing and came forward to hug me as well, as Grandma got back to Norah and baby Laila.

“GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN Luke!”

“But mom!”

“GET OUT!”

I shook my head and braced myself to meet Luke, the jerk. No! Luke THE JERK!

I hated Uncle Branny’s kids, except Laila, as much as I loved him!

Luke and Jade, the two big heads with overblown egos and totally zero wits.

Luke was the typical ‘you’re my sistah, I’ll make your life hell’ kinda brother to all of us. Maybe not to Norah and Laila but he was that for me and Jade. He was stupid and mean but Aunt Becca always insisted that it was the hormones and not his beloved cute li’l fifteen years old son!