You don't mess with me!

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to Hptwilight for the awesome quotes she added to her book on my request.....Thank you so much :) :)

Pic to the right- Derek (Dylan O'Brien)

Enjoy :)

___________________________________

It was recess and I was sitting with Derek in the cafeteria. He had started working at a food joint last week and was very pissed with his boss. Bosses are meant to be hated, aren't they?

When I was four, I'd heard my dad say, "My boss loves frying my brain!"

When I was six, I'd heard my mom say, "My boss is pure evil!"

Just take a wild guess how that would've affected me.

Along with witches, step moms and that monster trapped in my closet whose relatives lived under my bed and came out at night to dance to 'BRAZIIILLLL.....LA..LA..LA..LA..LA..LA...', I started fearing bosses too.

"I don't know what his problem is. He's such a pain in my ass. I swear, if he weren't my boss, I would've run over him with a truck or something. Even if it isn't my fault, he keeps yelling at me and-" he said.

"Why don't you just quit the job then? You're rich enough. Why do you even need that money?" I asked. Both of his parents were doctors and he drove a 2013 Audi Q5 which they had gifted him on his eighteenth birthday, whereas my car was just like a rusted trashcan on wheels.

"For Ashley," he said and sighed.

"Ashley wants you to work?" I asked, squinting my eyes.

"No. Her birthday is quite close and I haven't bought her anything yet. Actually I have no savings and I want to buy her something special and that's why I'm working."

"Hey.....What're you guys talking about?" Ashley was back.

"Just your b-" Derek smacked me under the table. "Ouch! Derek what's wro-" He gave me a threatening look and mouthed 'shut up'.

"What?" Ashley asked and tilted her head to a side.

"Oh, nothing," I said.

"Tell me or I'm off," she said and started getting up. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back down.

"It's nothing really," I said. She could be very nagging at times.

"Just my b...what?" She said and glared at us.

"Uhh...." b...b...b... "Yeah! I was saying what a bitch your boy friend is!" I said hastily.

Good job, Hazel!

She squinted her eyes and looked at me and so did Derek.

What? That was the best I could come up with. You could have given me some credit, Derek.

"Hey, how was the event?" he asked, trying to change the subject.

"Oh, I totally forgot 'bout that," she said and slapped her forehead.

And he was successful!

"I won!" Ashley announced, smiling from ear to ear.

"Congratulations!" me and Derek chorused together and hugged her. She thanked us and sat down to eat.

"Tyler! Over here." Ashley called him and waved to come to our table. He beamed at her and started walking towards us. He stood next to our table, staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Would you shift a little to let me sit or you expect me to move you myself?" he asked, smirking. I rolled my eyes and moved.