Naked singing beauty

“Soooo……what is it?” I asked and pursed my lips into a thin line.

I was standing in my living room while dad was busy watching some talk show.

“Aaah! You’re here! Just a second!” mom called from the kitchen. She wiped her hands off her apron and removed it and came into the living room with some keys in hand. “Okay, so, your dad and I have a surprise for you!” she squealed and smiled widely.

I looked at them with squinted eyes and a lopsided grin. Just the way they were acting had made me all giddy inside. “What?”

“We’ve got you a new ride!” mum said excitedly.

“REALLY?! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY G-OD!” I started jumping up and down while clapping my hands. Mom seemed as much excited as me but when I looked at dad, he gave me a bored look. “Oh, really? Thanks…” I said as I sobered myself and looked at dad with sorry eyes. “Whatever it is, I’m sure it’d never be able to take Hercules’ spot,” I said and looked at him with a faint smile. I noticed a ghost of a smile appear on his face and his eyes soften.

‘I’m sure it’d never be able to take Hercules’ spot’- MY ASS!!!

I’D FINALLY HAVE MY OWN CAR! MY OWN FREAKIN’ C-A-R!!!

“What?” my mom asked as if I was crazy. I widened my eyes at her and pointed to dad.

"Oh…yeah…God…umm….may God rest its soul in...peace?….” she said as she finally got what I was doing. Dad nodded briefly.

“OKAY! LET’S GO!” I squealed and pulled mom along, out of the main door. Dad unlocked the garage while mom covered my eyes. “God! Hurry up! I can’t wait!” I said again.

“Okay here you go!” she said as she removed her hands and dad flicked on the lights. I looked straight ahead and what I saw, made my jaw drop on the floor and get buried six feet under.

Is…this….a joke!?

Was being grounded for a whole damn week not enough as punishment?

“WHY DAD? WHY? WHY WOULD YOU GET ME-“ I looked at it, “THIS!” I said with disgust. “I WOULD NOT EVEN FIT IN THIS!!” I yelled as the betrayal started taking over me.

“Hazel, that’s Norah’s!” dad said nonchalantly and rolled his eyes.

I looked at the small pink tricycle in front of my eyes and said, “Oh! That makes more sense!”

“Yours is-“ Of course, they wouldn’t have bought me that! “here!” mom said as she picked up the cover from somethin-

OMG! IT’S GORGEOUS!!

“Is this mine?” I asked as I stared at it.

“I don’t think you’d ever fall asleep while driving it,” dad said and smirked.

I was looking at it with complete awe. I looked at my parents and gave them each a big sloppy kiss. “Never!” I said to dad while chuckling and shaking my head vigorously. They both laughed and patted me.

“I told you she’d love it!” mom said to dad and smirked while he just smiled.

I looked back at my yellow colored baby.

Hellll….llllo Vespa!!

***

For the first time in the seventeen glorious years that I’d spent gracing our dear miss Earthy, I had woken up before six on a Monday!!

Yeah, baby! The things a new scooter could do to me!

“Mornin’ gorgeous!” I chirped as I opened the garage and looked at my baby.