19. Babe? Boyfriend?

A/N I just wanted to say: Do you guys typically write your books at 2 am? Because that's when I do, for some reason. I just think so much better late at night, or early in the morning.
Is it just me that does this? Probably. 😅

"I'll see you later mom," I said as Drew and I hopped out of mom's car.

"Yeah, see you later," Drew added.

She waved and said, "Bye. I love you guys!"

I put the car back in drive and pulled away from the curb as Drew and I headed to school.

I intended on finding Leo before class so I could give him his clothes back, as I wish I could say that they've been sitting in my backpack since our date on Friday but that was so not the case.
I've -like a creeper- worn his shirt to bed more than once...okay every night...since Leo let me borrow it and I needed to get the damn thing out of my possession so I wouldn't keep wearing it.

"Damn, it's hot out," Drew complained after we entered Oakwood.

"Hot?" I retorted, purposefully glancing down at my black long sleeve shirt and black skinny jeans (A.K.A the only kind of jeans I wear).

He glanced down at my outfit incredulously. "How the fuck are you not sweating? It's like 85 degrees outside."

I shrugged and smirked. "Get diagnosed with leukemia and your cold all the fucking time."

He rolled his eyes at me, though he couldn't hide the grin tilting his lips. "Thanks for the advice, but I'll pass." He waved at me as he headed upstairs.

I returned the wave and scanned the faces of everyone in the hallway hoping to see Leo.
I (unfortunately) didn't see him down the main hallway running directly through the middle of the school, so I headed down a hallway branching off of it where my locker was, hoping his was in the same hall.

I saw Leo standing in front of a partially open locker, talking to a brown haired girl I've seen a few times in the halls, or in biology, but I've never talked to her before.

"Hey, Leo," I awkwardly said, interrupting their conversation.

Leo looked over the girl's shoulder at me and his lips curled into a wide grin. "Hey Ethan," he replied as his eyes wandered down my body, causing a hot flush to follow his gaze.

Well, now I'm hot.

"Well, apparently Leo isn't going to introduce me to you, so I'll introduce myself. I'm Ashlee," the brunette said sending a smile my way, then a glare at Leo.

I awkwardly waved at her. "It's nice to meet you, Ashlee. I'm Ethan-" I paused to lean in slightly and I lowered my voice-"don't mind him, he's just an asshole." I sent a smirk at Leo and quirked an eyebrow.

He rolled his eyes at me over Ashlee's head. "Well, it was nice talking to you, Leo. Don't forget about Wednesday," she said, then walked away, hugging her book to her chest.

"What's on Wednesday, Leonard?" I asked, then smirked after he sighed when I said his full name.

He dropped a book in his bag, then closed his locker as he rolled his eyes at me again. "I joined the photography club. They meet on Wednesday and Fridays."

"That's cool." I awkwardly bit down on my lip and stared at the floor wondering how I should you give him his clothes back. I could do the whole 'shove them in his arms and walk away' technique, but that would be incredibly awkward.

"You look cute today by the way. You're totally rocking the slightly gothic vibe," Leo murmured after a long awkward pause.

I lifted my eyes to his, and he was staring at me with a lazy grin on his face. His arms were crossed over his chest and he was leaning his hip against the locker.