15. Meeting the Malones

Oh God, this was bad. What the fuck was I thinking when I suggested that Leo kissed me?
...Oh right, I wasn't thinking...

My head was spinning (probably from Leo's kiss) and my heart was pounding in my chest at the thought of getting into a car with Leo -after kissing him...well, making out with him.

Leo was staring at me with a devious look in his eyes and a smug smile on his face as he waited for me to "hold up my end of the bargain." Which I didn't think I was ready for.

I reluctantly pushed off the wall, careful to keep my distance from him. "I guess I did make a promise..."

Leo's smile widened, his eyes changing to that dazzling blue shade again as he said smugly, "You did. My car's that way." He pointed towards a black, 4 door sedan in the parking lot, the only car left in the lot. Thank God...

"Let me just text my dad..." I pulled my phone out of my pocket, but slid it right back in as dad pulled up to the curb; rendering the text I was about to send, useless.

Dad rolled down the window and called, "Hey bud! You ready to go home; I'm making burgers?"

I opened my mouth to answer, but Leo swiftly cut me off. "I was actually gonna drive Ethan home, Mr. Carter."

Dad glanced at me and raised his eyebrows, a strange look in his eyes.

"Yeah, Leo and I are gonna hang out; so I may be late for dinner," I felt the words easily fall from my lips.
The "hanging out" wasn't part of Leo's deal, but I wanted to.
I wanted to hang out with Leo, and just Leo; that realization just hit me like a ton of bricks. I liked Leo, hell, I liked him a lot, but I've never wanted to hang out with him alone before like I did now.

Dad slowly nodded. "Alright, do you plan on driving him home, Leo?"

Leo nodded, a charming smile tilting his lips. "Of course. I'll have him back by..?" he trailed off raising a dark eyebrow at dad, probably waiting for Dad to tell him my curfew.

"I'll be home by 8," I responded for dad. My curfew was technically 11, but I wouldn't be staying over that long so Leo didn't need to know my curfew.

"Alright. Well, you boy has fun," dad slowly agreed, then waved at me.

I returned the wave as he rolled the window up and drove away.

Leo turned to me with a mischievous look in his eyes, his lips curving into a downright devilish smirk. "Oh, we'll have some fun...won't we?"

"Uhh...maybe..." I felt my cheeks heating up at all the fun things Leo was talking about...
Get your damn head out of the gutter, Ethan!

As we headed towards Leo's car I purposefully stayed a good foot or so to Leo's right so he wouldn't get any...ideas while we were walking to his car, but he kept his distance; keeping his hands in his pockets until we reached his car.
Leo grabbed his keys out of his pocket as we reached his car and he unlocked it, sending me a small grin in the process making my stomach do a summersault. Seriously, Eath? He just smiled at you; calm down...

I headed around to the passenger side, my heart pounding like there was a jackhammer in my chest. I pulled the door open, slid into the passenger seat and yanked the door closed as I buckled my seat belt.

The interior of Leo's car was all black: the seats, the dashboard, the floor, all of it was black. It did look sleek and stylish but it was also making it hotter than hell in here.

Leo slid into his seat and grumbled, "Jesus, it's fucking hot in here." He turned the car on, the he reached over to the console and blasted the AC.